Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    For my BTEC dance piece we have to do two dances with the theme of contradiction. I am struggling to think of themes for the dance such as love vs. hate (many people have done this one!), songs for it, dance styles and moves. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    you could use the title as moving forward but your movement may show you moving bckwards and the oposite x

ReputationRep:
    I am doing this as well and struggling to find songs about contradiction, do you have any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Look up the word Contradiction, as well as antonyms and synonyms. There are many words there you can use as a basis for your dance. As for songs go to iTunes and type in 'Contradiction' and you may get some there. You don't necessarily have to have the word 'Contradiction' in the lyrics but you have to show 'Contradiction' in your movements. For example, you could divide the floor space into 4 sections and in one area it could be slow, smooth movements; in another area it could be fast, jerky movements. Then in another area you could have low level movements and the last area, high level movements. This could be your basis and experiment from there with motifs.

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! I’m doing the same thing. You can use the title to contradict your dance. E.g I’ve named mine ashamed but it is a bit confident piece. You could also use music that might not necessarily go with a certain style

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 20, 2018

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.