Is this the HARDEST Alevel??? (HELP)!!!!

Watch this thread
DreadManaco
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
so am choosing History as 1 my A level alongside Law and Sociology, and am worried about taking History because first I've heard it's a massive jump from GCSE to Alevels and the content you have to learn and memories is insane, plus it often regarede as 1 of if not the hardest A level?? However I do have interest in the subject (at GCSE) but if I took History my 3 a level choice will all the essay based and would that be too much work??? Plua how hard would it be to pass History?? right now I can't decide if I should do History or economics?? Please Help
hannahistrash
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
All A Levels will be a massive jump. I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and Computing and with both Biology and Chemistry we are working really fast with one teacher on each side of the course and it is hard because of the extra amount of detail etc. needed. Most of us have been getting Ds and Es in our tests and the teachers are honestly just saying that's normal. Also, your school will probably have help sessions in the subjects so if you do feel like you're struggling you could go to them or even just ask your teacher after lessons etc.
If you do choose it and you don't enjoy it, there's also usually a time in which you are able to change subjects.
username2281303
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DreadManaco)
so am choosing History as 1 my A level alongside Law and Sociology, and am worried about taking History because first I've heard it's a massive jump from GCSE to Alevels and the content you have to learn and memories is insane, plus it often regarede as 1 of if not the hardest A level?? However I do have interest in the subject (at GCSE) but if I took History my 3 a level choice will all the essay based and would that be too much work??? Plua how hard would it be to pass History?? right now I can't decide if I should do History or economics?? Please Help
history is not the hardest A Level (stem a levels are ) however that doesn't mean it's an easy A Level either.

I mean it depends, what A Level will benefit you more? economics or history? think about what job you want to go into after you've studied these A Levels
JoeHill00
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
It is definitely possible to get by with lots of essay a levels - I do English lit, politics, history and French. Don't worry about history because it sounds like you did fine at GCSE and as long as you're willing to work you'll make the jump to a level ok. It is a massive jump to do be prepared for complete other level of effort. It's really good tho!
DreadManaco
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by JoeHill00)
It is definitely possible to get by with lots of essay a levels - I do English lit, politics, history and French. Don't worry about history because it sounds like you did fine at GCSE and as long as you're willing to work you'll make the jump to a level ok. It is a massive jump to do be prepared for complete other level of effort. It's really good tho!
Finally someone that does History, and at History (GCSE) my teacher said I I was very good at rembering the content but I am terrible at structuring and knowing how to answer the questions and I don't know how much that will let me down at A level, plus how much revision do you do to pass it or say on track (btw I got a 5 in my firat mock which is a C/B, the teacher doesn't no the grade boundary so she just made an educated guess
JoeHill00
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DreadManaco)
Finally someone that does History, and at History (GCSE) my teacher said I I was very good at rembering the content but I am terrible at structuring and knowing how to answer the questions and I don't know how much that will let me down at A level, plus how much revision do you do to pass it or say on track (btw I got a 5 in my firat mock which is a C/B, the teacher doesn't no the grade boundary so she just made an educated guess
Good memory is useful as there's loads of content, and as long as you've got a competent teacher you will be able to work out how to structure the answers. How much revision you need to do really depends on you; some people I know are constantly going over it and revised for months for GCSE, others just don't need to do as much and just have to look over their notes every now and then. Would definitely recommend a level history and essay subjects in general (if you like that sort of thing) as I'm finding them pretty interesting and unis look on them well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (130)
65.99%
No (45)
22.84%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.17%

Watched Threads