The Student Room Group

Politics a-level

Is a-level politics worth while taking? Because I’m genuinely interested in it and was just wondering
I take it and i find it the most interesting as it relates to current affairs and you can link your answers to recent events whereas in other subjects its a set curriculum,
also if you do debates you learn so much more about voting and parties etc and its very useful
Reply 2
What are you planning on studying at uni? If your planning on going?
Been taking the new Edexcel Politics A-Level and I have really been enjoying it so far. The first year of it is great just to up your knowledge of contemporary UK politics, which is useful in itself.

I believe it would work nicely if you wanted to do a degree in a lot of areas, from Politics to History, or Law to Business. What plans have you got so far?
Reply 4
Well I’m currently in my upcoming months to my GCSE’s so a lot of decisions to be made, I think for a-levels I want to do; English lit, biology, psychology and politics. I’m just unsure about what I want to do at university.
I'm in the second year of studying the old aqa spec and I love it. If you are interested in politics and already read about it in your spare time it's great as you can use examples from your reading in the exams so it's like permanent revision. It's respected fairly well by universities as it is an essay subject (although if you're talking Eng Lit this doesn't matter as much). It's not an extremely hard A Level and lessons are often quite enjoyable as they will include the odd debate. I couldn't recommend it more :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest