The Student Room Group

Postgraduate students - postgrad loans and housing Benefit

Hi I would like to find out how postgraduate loans are calculated when it comes to housing benefits. I’m quite confused and have found myself in a situation that I can’t seem to understand. I am a part time single parent postgraduate student studying over two years. I have taken out the maximum postgraduate loan of £10.280 and work 16hours per week earning around £489 per month. I also have a discount which means my fees are £4,200 per year. How is my housing Benifit caculated I’m so confused? What is included as income and what is disregarded? Would my entire loan be seen as income? Please help. Thank you
Original post by Nataliahyabbey
Hi I would like to find out how postgraduate loans are calculated when it comes to housing benefits. I’m quite confused and have found myself in a situation that I can’t seem to understand. I am a part time single parent postgraduate student studying over two years. I have taken out the maximum postgraduate loan of £10.280 and work 16hours per week earning around £489 per month. I also have a discount which means my fees are £4,200 per year. How is my housing Benifit caculated I’m so confused? What is included as income and what is disregarded? Would my entire loan be seen as income? Please help. Thank you

I have moved this over to the Postgraduate support area, hopefully you will get help here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending