lauren0211
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My dissertation is about looking into children’s books to make meaning of a topic. What research types is this?
Or can anyone help me understand the methodology bit of a dissertation what do I need to write ?
Potato456
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What's your exact question or title?
lauren0211
Rep:
?
(Original post by Potato456)
What's your exact question or title?
‘ in which ways is motherhood represented in Jacqueline Wilson books’ I am on a childhood course hence the Jaqueline Wilson !

Hope you can help
Potato456
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That helps so how are you going to find out the answer? Are you going to just look through the books and analyse them? Are you going to interview people? Questionnaires to children? Before starting on the methodology, you have to figure out the best way to answer your question
lauren0211
Rep:
?
(Original post by Potato456)
That helps so how are you going to find out the answer? Are you going to just look through the books and analyse them? Are you going to interview people? Questionnaires to children? Before starting on the methodology, you have to figure out the best way to answer your question
Me and my tutor decided it would be easier to just look through the books and analyse them (I’ve struggled quite abit this year don’t want to make it harder for me) ☺️ thank you for your replies so far by the way !
Potato456
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah ok! So it seems your doing qualitative rather than quantitative. I'm not familiar with the analysing way of doing research, so I'm not sure what you call it, but look on your library catalogue for Alan Bryman's book about research methodologies in social sciences - that book is amazing and explains all the different kinds of methods to help get you through your methodology chapter. Sorry that I'm not very useful - I've never researched in that way, so I'm not familiar with it I'm afraid!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Northumbria University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19
  • Northumbria University
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Northumbria University
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (115)
24.78%
Pop (108)
23.28%
Jazz (20)
4.31%
Classical (23)
4.96%
Hip-Hop (87)
18.75%
Electronic (37)
7.97%
Indie (74)
15.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise