Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lets struggle together! The path to 2 A*'S and an A Watch

ReputationRep:
    A gooood morning from London!
    Whether you're scratching the sleep out of your eyes dreading the day ahead or bright eyed and bushy tailed, sipping a luxurious steaming cup of coffee as you ponder the magnificent activities you aim to embark on during the day, I know for a fact you would never put yourself in a predicament such as mine. Banging away on your laptop thinking of witty yet inspirational starters for your first "Grow Your Grades" blog.

I think I should start with the basics;
    I do 2 A-levels (English literature and English language) and an IB higher (Theatre studies)
    You may be thinking to yourself, what an odd combination but I couldn't be happier to be frankly honest. Theatre studies has no exams, just coursework. Which I excel in (Not to toot my own horn or anything) and the other subjects come natural to me.
    My current target grades are: BAA* (or 7) but I want an A and 2 A*'s I'm not very fussy in which subjects!

Ill be posting updates almost everyday if I can, so you guys get the privilege of seeing my highs and lows and recommendations for the study tools I use.
    So until then my little bookworms!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    I really loved your introduction :rofl: you got yourself a follower :five:

Looking forward to following your journey, and I hope you get the grades you are hoping for :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amefish)
    I really loved your introduction :rofl: you got yourself a follower :five:

Looking forward to following your journey, and I hope you get the grades you are hoping for :love:
    Wow! You, Amefish have the ultimate privilege of being my first fan!

ReputationRep:
    Now a quick update for Day 1:
    Quizlet is THE best for memorizing stuff, especially quotes.

Elliot believed Othello's last speech was just him feeling sorry for hims-
    See! Still remembering!

I learnt from my mistakes before; whacking a whole paragraph to remember will not help at all but overall the website is very useful.

I feel I wasn't as productive as I would have liked though as after two hours I dozed off for half and then watched a bit of Netflix, and then procrastinated and then stared into the distance for about a couple of hours yada yada yada it was basically a waste of a day.

Maybe tomorrow will be different?
    Wish me luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    Corrrrrr, busy would be an understatement guys, in between snow fights and revision I've been at it again!

I feel my revision is coming along nicely, remembering things here and there but what I really fear now is dropping the ball during the Christmas holidays...
    Any tips on how to keep this momentum or is this something you have to force yourself to do?

I'll update you guys tomorrow again! Thanks for the support!

ReputationRep:
    Having roused myself from a well deserved nap I recapped on my new found knowledge using Quizlet.

I'm clutching these nuggets of information close to my chest I do not want to go back to level one!
    During the day I managed to complete English language coursework (Final draft guys! Home stretch!). Coursework is always and I mean always part of the process, those little 25%'s can be the difference between an A* or B grade, so think wisely before starting your coursework the night before it's due!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.