Shazbang
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If it’s snows will a driving lesson be cancelled? As I’m so worried it will icy and snowy and I don’t want to drive if it is?
Sobaan244
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Shazbang)
If it’s snows will a driving lesson be cancelled? As I’m so worried it will icy and snowy and I don’t want to drive if it is?
XD
If the instructer deems it dangerous then its obvious it will be cancelled.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Shazbang)
It depends on how bad it is.
But if the instructor thinks its too risky then yeah, he/she will cancel the lesson.
Thespiler
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In Finland it’s part of the test to drive (and skid) on ice!

Most UK snow has cleared now and you may have already taken your test, but if not, and the snow comes again, it could be a great idea to get a parent / legal supervisor to take you to a local car park or similar so you can at least experience skidding on ice. It can be quite frightening if it happens to you on your own after you have passed your test.

Best of luck!
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there!

This thread should be in the Learning to drive forum. I'll just tag AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You need to learn to drive on snow and ice. If your instructor says it's safe enough to teach you - you should go. My 2nd week of driving after passing was when that nasty snow/ice hit - wasn't really too bad, but I wish I'd seen it back in lessons. Don't pass the opportunity up. Sure you might not drive in snow when it actually happens after you pass - but emergencies will happen.
Shazbang
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I drove in the snow by the way. It was a bit nerve wrecking but it went ok. Glad I got the experience tbf. I got to skid on car park as well and that was actually quite fun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (32)
15.53%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (63)
30.58%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
12.14%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (17)
8.25%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.83%
I think it's an unfair expectation (54)
26.21%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.46%

Watched Threads