Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Deleted
Last edited by aliceronson; 3 weeks ago
Papa.Snape
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly it's probably not worth dying your hair. But to make yourself feel better, start working out a bit muscle wise. Maybe do abs stuff and squat. That would massively boost your confidence and have something else to focus on when looking in the mirror. Just focus on improving yourself physically in that way only.
aliceronson
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Papa.Snape)
Honestly it's probably not worth dying your hair. But to make yourself feel better, start working out a bit muscle wise. Maybe do abs stuff and squat. That would massively boost your confidence and have something else to focus on when looking in the mirror. Just focus on improving yourself physically in that way only.
thank you, i have been looking out starting some gym classes etc so i will defo give it a go
Delmol
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Step 1: stop comparing yourself to other people.

Comparing yourself to other people, will always make you feel bad, because there will always be someone who does something better.

Example: Even if you're a millionaire, there's still going to be someone who's richer. No matter how good you are at art/music, there will always be someone more talented. No matter how much you hit the gym, there's always going to be someone with a better physique. No matter how good you are at anything, there will always be one person out there who is slightly better than you.

So stop wasting your time comparing yourself to other people, it will only make you feel bad. They're not you and they're never going to be you, likewise you're not them and there's no point trying to be them.

My girlfriend has never liked her boobs, she always says she hates them and they make her feel uncomfortable. But you know what? I (her boyfriend) don't really care, I like her the way she is.

Maybe see if you can talk with your brother's girlfriend? She might be able to help you pick out some clothes that compliment your figure.
kingpin x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
the fact that u have a man shows something, he likes the way u look, so wat if his mum doesnt say u are 'pretty', if he compliments u regualrly then wats the issue? those models on Insta are fake, they probs do some photoshopping to enhance their features, so others girl waste their money to go look like them, like sheesh who wants to look fake wen u can look and be real, so seriously its not a big deal. Dying ur hair wont solve it, buy clothes that u feel comfortable in, dont seek for others approvals, u are ur own person xx
aliceronson
Rep:
?
(Original post by Delmol)

Comparing yourself to other people, will always make you feel bad, because there will always be someone who does something better.

Example: Even if you're a millionaire, there's still going to be someone who's richer. No matter how good you are at art/music, there will always be someone more talented. No matter how much you hit the gym, there's always going to be someone with a better physique. No matter how good you are at anything, there will always be one person out there who is slightly better than you.

So stop wasting your time comparing yourself to other people, it will only make you feel bad. They're not you and they're never going to be you, likewise you're not them and there's no point trying to be them.

My girlfriend has never liked her boobs, she always says she hates them and they make her feel uncomfortable. But you know what? I (her boyfriend) don't really care, I like her the way she is.

Maybe see if you can talk with your brother's girlfriend? She might be able to help you pick out some clothes that compliment your figure.
i know its a really bad habit. but its so hard to stop!! i want to be like them.
that is a good point you make about your girlfriend, its reassuring to hear that you still like her the way she is despite the insecurity. i know my boyfriend is the same.
aliceronson
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
the fact that u have a man shows something, he likes the way u look, so wat if his mum doesnt say u are 'pretty', if he compliments u regualrly then wats the issue? those models on Insta are fake, they probs do some photoshopping to enhance their features, so others girl waste their money to go look like them, like sheesh who wants to look fake wen u can look and be real, so seriously its not a big deal. Dying ur hair wont solve it, buy clothes that u feel comfortable in, dont seek for others approvals, u are ur own person xx
she has called me pretty in the past but she will randomly tell the other girl how beautiful she is and i never get that these girls on instagram aren't models, they are girls from my town who are just normal people! but they do have loads of followers and get paid to promote clothes i guess. youre right, but i cant help feeling crap about myself thanks xxx
Huw M Thomas
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have no problem with someone looking ugly but feeling ugly is beyond my understanding or experience. Unless...

...I had a client a few years ago that asked me to excuse her face. I looked inquisitively and she volunteered "Life has done this to me, even my vicar has said so". She did have a worn out ugliness about her and two hours later I realised that the ugliness came from within. She was spiteful, evil, nasty and the list goes on.
kingpin x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aliceronson)
she has called me pretty in the past but she will randomly tell the other girl how beautiful she is and i never get that these girls on instagram aren't models, they are girls from my town who are just normal people! but they do have loads of followers and get paid to promote clothes i guess. youre right, but i cant help feeling crap about myself thanks xxx
i can cleary see that my aggressive para didnt help, but u cant let ur looks bring u down in life, gurl be happy with the way u are, u dont have a life risk disease, u dont have cancer, u arent poor, these are the type of problems and issues that most ppl are concerned and worried about , but ur worried about not being 'Insta perfect', wow.
aliceronson
Rep:
?
i can cleary see that my aggressive para didnt help, but u cant let ur looks bring u down in life, gurl be happy with the way u are, u dont have a life risk disease, u dont have cancer, u arent poor, these are the type of problems and issues that most ppl are concerned and worried about , but ur worried about not being 'Insta perfect', wow.
i am very grateful to be healthy! i think you have misinterpreted my issue. i don't want to be insta perfect, i was simply using these girls i see on instagram to demonstrate how they make me feel more crap about myself. my goal isn't to take the best selfie. i am simply going through a period where i dont feel good about myself. its not about instagram. also, please don't assume that I'm not poor, have an illness etc. you don't know that
Delmol
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Instagram/Facebook/Twitter are a "highlight reel", they're not real life. Nobody posts "Just got out of bed" selfies do they? Or the fact none of their mates are around and they're stuck inside bored all night.

They only post their best pictures, or their "highlights" and that can falsely make you believe everyone is better looking than you, and that they're going to fancy meals and doing more interesting stuff than you.

SPOILER: They're not.

Hell, even Kim Kardashian admitted that she'll take between 300 - 500 selfies, and only pick 1 to upload to Instagram.

Re Instagram promotion, if you have lots of (actively engaged) followers, then companies will pay you to promote their products.

You don't have to be pretty to gain a following on instagram, you need solid content that people want to see.

If you're friend is only taking selfies, then tbh I wouldn't be surprised if her followers were fake/bought.
kingpin x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i am very grateful to be healthy! i think you have misinterpreted my issue. i don't want to be insta perfect, i was simply using these girls i see on instagram to demonstrate how they make me feel more crap about myself. my goal isn't to take the best selfie. i am simply going through a period where i dont feel good about myself. its not about instagram. also, please don't assume that I'm not poor, have an illness etc. you don't know that
i didnt say u were, if u clearly had read my post i said 'those are the type of issues that ppl would be worried about', so no i clearly did read ur post and i understood it, so dont go saying that i 'misinterpreted', wen i knew wat i was saying in the posts, i wasnt even trying to be rude about the situation u are going thru, i was just pointing out my personal opinion of it and that its pointless to be worrying about ur looks, wen there are other things to worry about which are important, e.g. education, work, etc
aliceronson
Rep:
?
i didnt say u were, if u clearly had read my post i said 'those are the type of issues that ppl would be worried about', so no i clearly did read ur post and i understood it, so dont go saying that i 'misinterpreted', wen i knew wat i was saying in the posts, i wasnt even trying to be rude about the situation u are going thru, i was just pointing out my personal opinion of it and that its pointless to be worrying about ur looks, wen there are other things to worry about which are important, e.g. education, work, etc
okay sorry for the misunderstanding. its just because you said "and youre worried about being insta-perfect, wow". which is why i thought you thought that was my issue. no worries, sorry for the confusion! yes i completely agree there are other things which are way more important thanks for the advice x
kingpin x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
okay sorry for the misunderstanding. its just because you said "and youre worried about being insta-perfect, wow". which is why i thought you thought that was my issue. no worries, sorry for the confusion! yes i completely agree there are other things which are way more important thanks for the advice x
nah its fine, at times i can come across as being rude, not that its ur fault, its wen someone posts, i dont realise that wat im saying affects them, i try to be helpful as i can, but its quite hard x
Bprijal
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yo girl the problem is not with your external appearance but with your psyche. When you hit 35 you will realize surface level beauty and material possession doesn't makes you happy. Take a screenshot of my reply and see after 15 years
Olear24
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Unless you are elvis presley
Olear24
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Delmol)

Unless you’re elvis presley (perfection in voice and looks)
coolguy1707
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Photos on Instagram are only put on when people are looking at their best, if you have a boyfriend and get beeped at irl then I’m sure you’re fine
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Last edited by username3890778; 2 years ago
CallmeBill
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't like big boobs. You are quite attractive to me based on your description lol. You cannt be charming to everyone, but you will have your day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (550)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (665)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (327)
20.25%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.52%

Watched Threads