The Student Room Group

Getting Kicked out of school before GCSE's and house

Hello, my name is kian and I'm 15.5 years old. I am on the last week of school and it finishes this friday, before chirstmas, then when I return (or was meant to) I was going to have my mocks.Admittedly, I have been a bad kid in the past, and it's come up to strike me. I had stolen a flute from the school along with clothing for some of the chinese boarders (it's a private school, the school is very small), and told one of my friends. From this, I had fell out with her recently, one of my friends stole her watch. I felt bad for her so I told her and she blamed me and reported in me stealing the other things mentioned above.I am already on my last straw for school and in a couple hours I have a meeting with the head (being suspended), and I know i am going to get kicked out. My grades aren't bad however im worried as I dont want to move down a year and I really just want to get my GCSE's done so I can move into the college (Godalming) with all of my friends. Moving me down a year will make me very depressed. My parents dont like me going out and they want me to get my hair cut (it isn't even big, however afro-curly like, and me going to a private school they don't like it) however it'll make me feel self concious. My mother has contacted social services and my dad (whom I don't speak to) has said i'm on my last straw and if the school expell me (which I think they will, however do I ask for a transfer?, or If I get moved down a year or am incapable of completing my GCSE's) then I'm out of the house for good and social services who are meant to be coming over will find me somewhere to go.I smoke aswell, however am quitting but my parents don't believe im quitting and think my friends are the reason I smoke so they dont want me to see them.Please help me im in urgent need of help, I just want to get my GCSE's over and done with on the right time, not go down a year, pass them and go to college then all of this stress will be done. Please somebody :smile:Thanks
Reply 1
Well you certainly have got yourself into a right pickle, but more importantly you may have time to rectify it before you totally mess up your life for good. Please do see this as a major wake up call.

Firstly, you can't be made homeless under the age of 16, the council will have to house you or do a short term foster care. It is illegal to put anyone under 16 on the streets.(ie a Landlord), thus you are protected in that way.

Secondly, stop messing up your life, do what your parents tell you, and begin to act like the adult you are trying to be.This means taking responsibility for yourself and the things you do. Realise what you do in the next year will have everlasting effects on your life,so you have two choices:

1.Carry on the way you are and end up in jail for petty crimes, leading to more criminal activity, drugs etc. Never achieving anything, being surrounded by people you can't trust, always looking over your shoulder for the Police. Most importantly NOT LEAVING A LEGACY TO INSPIRE OTHERS.

or

2.Get your head in gear, stop playing around, start living, be the real person to inspire others, into achieving their dreams too. Stop the crime, change your friends to those who don't get you into trouble, do your schoolwork, do the revision, and SET YOUR STANDARDS HIGHER. Set your goal to get really good grades next year, and then college, uni, or an apprenticeship. Be the person you would want your kids to be, and have the life you would want to look back on when your old and be proud of.

You later schools years are VITAL in getting a good job, you have to score well in your exams,or do retakes. It literally means the difference in getting a decent job, thus housing, cars, holidays, partner etc. Education is one of the only ways out of poverty, or to become independent. Life is soooo much easier with a good education behind you.

Don't mess up your life before it has even begun.I want to see you achieving great things, so what are you on here for, get moving to a better life.
Original post by KianKhosravi
Hello, my name is kian and I'm 15.5 years old. I am on the last week of school and it finishes this friday, before chirstmas, then when I return (or was meant to) I was going to have my mocks.Admittedly, I have been a bad kid in the past, and it's come up to strike me. I had stolen a flute from the school along with clothing for some of the chinese boarders (it's a private school, the school is very small), and told one of my friends. From this, I had fell out with her recently, one of my friends stole her watch. I felt bad for her so I told her and she blamed me and reported in me stealing the other things mentioned above.I am already on my last straw for school and in a couple hours I have a meeting with the head (being suspended), and I know i am going to get kicked out. My grades aren't bad however im worried as I dont want to move down a year and I really just want to get my GCSE's done so I can move into the college (Godalming) with all of my friends. Moving me down a year will make me very depressed. My parents dont like me going out and they want me to get my hair cut (it isn't even big, however afro-curly like, and me going to a private school they don't like it) however it'll make me feel self concious. My mother has contacted social services and my dad (whom I don't speak to) has said i'm on my last straw and if the school expell me (which I think they will, however do I ask for a transfer?, or If I get moved down a year or am incapable of completing my GCSE's) then I'm out of the house for good and social services who are meant to be coming over will find me somewhere to go.I smoke aswell, however am quitting but my parents don't believe im quitting and think my friends are the reason I smoke so they dont want me to see them.Please help me im in urgent need of help, I just want to get my GCSE's over and done with on the right time, not go down a year, pass them and go to college then all of this stress will be done. Please somebody :smile:Thanks

dude i feel for u but im not really sure wat u want help with tho u didnt say
I need to know a way I can complete my GCSE's and get into the college I want without going down a year
Reply 4
Original post by KianKhosravi
I need to know a way I can complete my GCSE's and get into the college I want without going down a year

See if you can sit your GCSES as a private candidate elsewhere?
Are there any revision websites , also I haven't done my mocks do you have to do mocks in order to do you GCSE's
Now you’re just being lazy. Google GCSE revision for x topic and y exam board and you’ll get a list of resources.
If you wish to sit as a private candidate you’ll also have to pay £40 ish per exam.

Bluntly, best bet would be to be completely honest with both your headteacher and parents, ask for one last chance and do your best to turn your life around. Even if you end up needing help, the school will often supply it, whether it’s extra tuition (though it may have costs) or counselling.

Listen to your parents - even if only to get that last chance. Same with the school, should they decide to punish you.
I ended up getting expelled from my school I tried everything, I just keep making mistakes,
Thanks for your help, I just need to put my head down and self-teach myself, find the right resources and try and turn my life around and get into the college that's already accepted me (however they don't know about me being expelled that was after)
Reply 8
Even if you are expelled the council still need to provide a place for your education, even if that means in a special section. You are under age thus it is your legal right to get education. Get your parents to insist you are put into education.

If it doesn't work out approach your local adult educational college (learning centre) after you are 16. Most round here are doing GCSEs and you maybe able to do a resit, or at least a fast track 6 month - 1 year course.

In most exams you have to have a reference to enter which is usually from the teacher/school/college etc. If you are going to self teach, make sure you can enter for the exam. There must be a way as many are home schooled these days.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
I know someone this happened to when he was in the middle of year 10. He simply ended up going to the local comprehensive, it wasnt a particular issue GCSE wise.
just stumbled across this in 2022 in a similar situation
How did things end up?
I feel bad for snooping, but it looks like he made it to Godalming and is an 'E-commerce Brand Owner'.

Original post by school13
just stumbled across this in 2022 in a similar situation
How did things end up?

Quick Reply

Latest