The Student Room Group

Current students - Oriental Studies (Arabic and Islamic Studies)

Hello :smile:

I'm considering applying for Arabic and Islamic Studies, I doubt I'll get accepted, but I wanted to know how current students or graduates even (if they still use this website) found the course, so that I can see if there is any point in applying. I'd ideally want to start at the end of first year or beginning of the second year as I hope to transfer from my current university. I study a different degree however I have some prior knowledge of Arabic.

How difficult is it?
What are the assessments like? I read that there are around 10 papers per year for years 3 and 4 - which sounds like a LOT. How many words are these expected to be?
Reply 1
I'm afraid it's not possible to transfer in to an Oxford undergraduate degree midway through the course unless you've already completed an undergraduate degree elsewhere
Reply 2
Just a clarification. Yes, you cannot transfer to Oxford, BUT you can leave your current course (at your own risk) and apply to start a new course at Oxford (starting in the first year like everyone else). You do not have to finish your current degree. This is my understanding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending