Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am really worried about my fee status and eligibility for a student loan. I am an EU National *(Spain), but I have lived in Ecuador from a very young age. My mother, who is also an EU National, has been living in the EEA for more than 10 years now, and 2 years in London, specifically. I want to know if I Would be eligible for a student loan based on my mother's residence and her status as a migrant worker*(as a relevant family member) since I want to apply for a course in England in 2018.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by da_ben2)
    Hi, I am really worried about my fee status and eligibility for a student loan. I am an EU National *(Spain), but I have lived in Ecuador from a very young age. My mother, who is also an EU National, has been living in the EEA for more than 10 years now, and 2 years in London, specifically. I want to know if I Would be eligible for a student loan based on my mother's residence and her status as a migrant worker*(as a relevant family member) since I want to apply for a course in England in 2018.
    Hi da_ben2,

To apply as the spouse of a migrant worker, you need to fit the following criteria.

• EU/EEA or Swiss National (or family member of)
    • Lawfully resident in the EU/EEA for at least 3 years prior to the start of their course
    • Ordinary resident in England or Wales on the first day of the first academic year of their course
    • They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/Child or grandchild must be working throughout the students studies
    • They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/grandchild must receive wages for this work but can also have ‘pocket money’ for voluntary work i.e. Au Pair
    • This work must be effective, genuine and not of a scale which would be considered marginal or ancillary

The quickest way to apply is online, or you can complete a paper application PN1, forms for 18/19 are not currently available and would advise that you keep checking the website or social media sites when available will show on there.

Thanks

Catherine

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.