Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering, does UCL have any official system in place to recognise mitigating circumstances in falling short of meeting the standard entry requirement to their courses?

Even if they don't, does anyone have any experiences with applying to UCL with extenuating circumstances that have seriously impacted your prior education? What level of support did you receive, if any etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARuss)
    I was wondering, does UCL have any official system in place to recognise mitigating circumstances in falling short of meeting the standard entry requirement to their courses?

Even if they don't, does anyone have any experiences with applying to UCL with extenuating circumstances that have seriously impacted your prior education? What level of support did you receive, if any etc.
    get your referee to mention it in your reference
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I had it put on my reference and then when I got to UCL applied for DSA, got in contact with the disability teaming sort help through the unis GP and psychological services.

They're very accommodating once you get there, not sure about reducing offer, however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    I had it put on my reference and then when I got to UCL applied for DSA, got in contact with the disability teaming sort help through the unis GP and psychological services.

They're very accommodating once you get there, not sure about reducing offer, however.
    Thank you for the information, it is good to know that they are accommodating.

I have a very specific situation so I believe it might be a good idea to contact the UCL admissions team to see where they would stand with my application (I narrowly miss the grade requirements for my chosen course but that is entirely due to a health issue).

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.