The Student Room Group

How do you structure History 12 and 16 mark questions?

Do you need an introduction and a conclusion?

Scroll to see replies

16 mark- attached
12 mark- 3 paras, it will be an 'explain why' question so explain in each paragraph using a theme e.g religion
if you are doing Edexcel I can give you my revision notes, I think that you'd find them very useful.
I'm doing medicine through time, Weimar Germany, Richard and John and cold war but havent got any notes on the cold war just yet
Original post by Belinda-I
if you are doing Edexcel I can give you my revision notes, I think that you'd find them very useful.
I'm doing medicine through time, Weimar Germany, Richard and John and cold war but havent got any notes on the cold war just yet

could I have them please?
one more attachment
sure :smile:
I'll attach them
let me know if there are any problems with the attachments

thanks
no problem hope I could help
This is weird but thanks so much for this! My history teacher was not helping at all with the questions and this has been a lifesaver!
Reply 9
please can i have these!
no problem hope I could help

Very generous of you.
Original post by lilyymina
This is weird but thanks so much for this! My history teacher was not helping at all with the questions and this has been a lifesaver!

No problem glad I could help, I don't appreciate my history teacher enough tbh, he's the one who put all of this together.
Original post by Goldfish4343
Do you need an introduction and a conclusion?

for 12 markers you should summarise and link back to the question in every para but in 16 markers you definitely need into and conclusion. in the introduction, you should define a keyword in the question and summarise the answer to the question and also write a conclusion summarising your answer to the question.
Germany 16 markers are just interpretations so you definitely need conclusion but probably not an intro? double check with your teacher
im doing weimar germany can i pls have your note s to help me out
could i have them please, it would help me a lot
you are actually such a life saver omg
sure :smile:
I'll attach them
let me know if there are any problems with the attachments

wow you're so cool omg bless you :angelblush:
(edited 5 years ago)
can you please send me your history revision notes? I'm doing my GCSEs this year so it'll be really useful.

if you have any on the weimar gov is it possible for me to see them
Reply 19
Thanks

Quick Reply