So i gave a homeless guy £3 and my untouched cheeseburger... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
and he threw the cheeseburger right back at me and started cussing at me , calling me a snobby **** , like what was this guys problem i gave him all the money i had on me instead of pending it on something for me AND also my untouched cheeseburger which was half my lunch , it actually pissed me of alot , what would you do here ?
Emms98
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This happened to my friend in central london. he have a homeless guy some food and he was like "**** off, i want money". Some of them are just ungrateful and/or on drugs
SWCoffee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't involve myself with homeless people. I find it hard to comprehend why social security doesn't take care of them.

You are quite right to be annoyed at having charity thrown back at you. My advice is to try to appreciate the guy's position and don't get jaded about being nice.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Emms98)
This happened to my friend in central london. he have a homeless guy some food and he was like "**** off, i want money". Some of them are just ungrateful and/or on drugs
this homeless guy had a dozen alcohol bottles behind him and beside him , guess ik where my money's going....
JMR2020.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SWCoffee)
I don't involve myself with homeless people. I find it hard to comprehend why social security doesn't take care of them.

You are quite right to be annoyed at having charity thrown back at you. My advice is to try to appreciate the guy's position and don't get jaded about being nice.
Unfortunately we have a Tory government...
Anonymous #1

i don't do this often either , so it was a real kick in the ass
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JMR2017)
Unfortunately we have a Tory government...
XD
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wouldn't "do" anything, I suppose. I'd just walk away and be very angry.

Although I would never have given him the money and cheeseburger in the first place, I guess...
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
tbh he probably wanted a 20 McNugget Share Box with 4 complimentary sauces.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
this homeless guy had a dozen alcohol bottles behind him and beside him , guess ik where my money's going....
You should ask the homeless about their diet before giving them food. You tryna f*** up man's liquid diet and s*** with ur wasteman burgers
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
How about asking him if you can get him something from Maccy Ds rather than just shoving your cheeseburger at him
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CTLevers)
tbh he probably wanted a 20 McNugget Share Box with 4 complimentary sauces.
lmfao probably
marrimerro
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've offered to buy food twice on two different occasions and they said they just wanted money. The second time the man changed his mind and asked for the largest noodle box. The food stand worker got annoyed with him and told him off. He didn't even say thank you.

After that I didn't give money for like a year. Until recently, cause at the end of the day not every person in that situation is awful.

I'm sorry he was so unappreciative of your kind action.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
You should ask the homeless about their diet before giving them food. You tryna f*** up man's liquid diet and s*** with ur wasteman burgers
How about asking him if you can get him something from Maccy Ds rather than just shoving your cheeseburger at him
i'm not this guys personal waiter , so this wasn't planned at all , i walked passed him about to eat my cheeseburger when i saw him on the floor and out of pity i gave him what i had , dw though next time i'll bring my notepad to take his order personally
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
20 chicken nuggets from McDonald’s would’ve been much better. See this as a lesson.
SWCoffee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maybe he simply wasn't homeless.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by marrimerro)
I've offered to buy food twice on two different occasions and they said they just wanted money. The second time the man changed his mind and asked for the largest noodle box. The food stand worker got annoyed with him and told him off. He didn't even say thank you.

After that I didn't give money for like a year. Until recently, cause at the end of the day not every person in that situation is awful.

I'm sorry he was so unappreciative of your kind action.
i gave him money and food , i just don't understand
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
20 chicken nuggets from McDonald’s would’ve been much better. See this as a lesson.
I'd already said that, great minds think alike
Anonymous #1
Maybe he simply wasn't homeless.
hmm idk , maybe
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CTLevers)
I'd already said that, great minds think alike
ROFL XD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (45)
33.09%
No (69)
50.74%
Don't know (22)
16.18%

Watched Threads