The Student Room Group

A-level revision help?

Has anyone got any tips on good ways to revise for my A-levels? I am only a first-year student but we have been told to start revising now.

I study:
History
Law
Media.
Original post by Bmaee16
Has anyone got any tips on good ways to revise for my A-levels? I am only a first-year student but we have been told to start revising now.

I study:
History
Law
Media.

Good notes form the basis of understanding. If you dont have any then good revision books. use your Christmas money.

Master the core material then you can add to it. It would be nice if in year 13 you can spend more time on exam questions. Good work put in now will make it easier later on.
Best advice: start now. Like now. No, I mean NOW. Even if it's one line. One key-term.

Build it up. Make some sort of timetable. Kick all that short-term knowledge and lodge it into long-term storage and this can only be done by dividing into bite-sized chunks of info.

Start with 20mins of study on one topic. One specific topic. Doing a little bit everyday and going over what you've done after a week, a fortnight, a month will consolidate it. Revisit = moneyyy

Eventually you could realistically get into a 45min study then 15min break cycle for a few hrs at a time.

Once Easter comes around, you wanna have done most of your content and started past papers. THEY WILL GET YOU THE GRADE.

'nuff said.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Good notes form the basis of understanding. If you dont have any then good revision books. use your Christmas money.

Master the core material then you can add to it. It would be nice if in year 13 you can spend more time on exam questions. Good work put in now will make it easier later on.

Thank you!

Quick Reply