Abiabiabiabi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So, my Grammar school doesn't have fashion or textiles for Sixth form/A-level, they only have Art, photography and product design. My dream Is to become a fashion designer and i just completed my PPE'S (mocks, practice exams) for GCSE (which i took art and product design as my additional subjects. I basically don't know what to do next and i have to choose and apply for other colleges or sixth form. Nearby schools don't have textiles or fashion. Colleges are said to be bad and useless. Colleges are far away. Can anyone give me an idea of what i can do next so i can go to the London University of Fashion Design or a Fashion University.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Abiabiabiabi)
So, my Grammar school doesn't have fashion or textiles for Sixth form/A-level, they only have Art, photography and product design. My dream Is to become a fashion designer and i just completed my PPE'S (mocks, practice exams) for GCSE (which i took art and product design as my additional subjects. I basically don't know what to do next and i have to choose and apply for other colleges or sixth form. Nearby schools don't have textiles or fashion. Colleges are said to be bad and useless. Colleges are far away. Can anyone give me an idea of what i can do next so i can go to the London University of Fashion Design or a Fashion University.
Assuming you mean central Saint Martins or London College of Fashion (be wary of other London fashion “colleges/universities “ - they’re generally run for profit and don’t have links with the fashion industry) and fashion design then Art A level would probably be best. But you might want to look into taking an art foundation diploma after A levels as a backup.

If you’re edging towards fashion photography then photography would be a better option

If you’re interested in accessories (like the cordwainers course at CSM) then product design would be useful.

Basically if you know you want to go into fashion but aren’t 100% sure which pathway then all three subjects will help prepare you.
Abiabiabiabi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Assuming you mean central Saint Martins or London College of Fashion (be wary of other London fashion “colleges/universities “ - they’re generally run for profit and don’t have links with the fashion industry) and fashion design then Art A level would probably be best. But you might want to look into taking an art foundation diploma after A levels as a backup.

If you’re edging towards fashion photography then photography would be a better option

If you’re interested in accessories (like the cordwainers course at CSM) then product design would be useful.

Basically if you know you want to go into fashion but aren’t 100% sure which pathway then all three subjects will help prepare you.
Ohh ok i thought that i had to take fashion design or textiles if i want to go to a fashion school. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads