Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As a black women, I often hear people say that black women are not attractive. It hurts my feelings, because use that as a way to justify them calling me ugly. I want to be seen as beautiful.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    You need to stop
    All races are beautiful in their own way.

ReputationRep:
    White people are scared. What's to tell?

If this is you, you proved your point. You look good.

ReputationRep:
    Now you know who to avoid and not waste your time with.

ReputationRep:
    It starts off with YOU seeing yourself as beautiful and soon other people’s opinions won’t matter! Do YOU.

And start off by changing that username!!!

ReputationRep:
    They're not necessarily calling you ugly. I mean saying someone isn't attractive to them is [aside from being subjective] not saying you are ugly.
    At any rate try not to take someones personal preferences so personally.

ReputationRep:
    It's just personal preference. Some people prefer white women, some prefer black women. Some prefer blondes, some prefer brunettes.

Maybe the majority prefer another race like how generally tall guys are preferred over short guys or slim people over fat people but blacks aren't 'seen as ugly'.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I personally think you are beautiful and have a lovely smile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SWCoffee)
    White people are scared. What's to tell?

If this is you, you proved your point. You look good.
    LMAO.

If i'm honest it's generally because they are. People say its because of media coverage etc but that's bull**** cause if the media started saying dogs are attractive that doesnt mean im going to f a dog does it?

ReputationRep:
    They aren't ugly! I've seen lots of pretty black women...However in general I tend to be more attracted to other races, it's just personal preference.

ReputationRep:
    You’re definitely not ugly !!

The whole thing is subjective , not everyone is gonna find you attractive, it’s no reflection on you as a person and defiantly shouldn’t be a measure of self worth !!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Some of the most beautiful people I have seen are black.

ReputationRep:
    People don't have to be attracted to all races. Many people just don't find certain races attractive, that's not a problem, not really a choice

ReputationRep:
    I'm a White guy and I've never felt Black women are anything other than gorgeous.

It might be partly because I used to go to the beach with a mixed race girl as a little kid and she was my bestie for a while

ReputationRep:
    they are all drop dead gorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    White people are scared.
    Black girls are the greatest tho

(Original post by Texxers)
    Imo, you are ugly.

Spoiler:
    Show

MESSAGE TO TSR WHEN YOU INEVITABLY READ THIS, please don't bloody ban me for this, its just my opinion. It's not racist, or offensive. OKAY?

it is offensive though

ReputationRep:
    Living in a White country, the tendency is always going to be that White men and women are the preferential race not only when it comes to dating but also leadership roles. That's the sad truth. If you think your ugly, then you probably are. There's things to do to adjust to the convential standards of beauty after all there's attractive people of all races. I was once ugly. I didn't blame it on race. Instead, I improved myself, and I'm considered but the majority of people as physically attractive.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Everyone is beautiful regardless of race

That includes Black women too, like me:

Spoiler:
    Show

I apologise for the snapchat filter, but I don't have that many pictures of myself

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.