Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is "I have a boyfriend" classed as getting rejected? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's common sense that some girls actually have bfs but how can you tell if this is case or it's simply rejection? I'm an attractive guy so I trust my good looks to do the talking because if they do have a bf, the likelihood is that I'm the more atttactive guy. Sometimes I ask if they have a bf before speaking to them. A good few say they don't which is reassuring as they could've easily said no if they didn't see potential in me. The ones who say yes, I appreciate that some actually do but how can you tell if the others are lying or actually telling the truth.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    And does everyone say you're good looking because last time I checked people prefer different things.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I don’t know man, but either way it probably means they aren’t into you—because they are already taken or just because they aren’t interested. Girls can use the boyfriend excuse a lot since “I’m not interested” doesn’t seem to work on a lot of guys. Whatever way, I wouldn’t bother obsessing over it.

ReputationRep:
    “I’ve got a girlfriend” is the new one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boswell & percy)
    it's common sense that some girls actually have bfs but how can you tell if this is case or it's simply rejection? I'm an attractive guy so i trust my good looks to do the talking because if they do have a bf, the likelihood is that i'm the more atttactive guy. Sometimes i ask if they have a bf before speaking to them. A good few say they don't which is reassuring as they could've easily said no if they didn't see potential in me. The ones who say yes, i appreciate that some actually do but how can you tell if the others are lying or actually telling the truth.
    do ya research

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
    And does everyone say you're good looking because last time I checked people prefer different things.
    I like to think I have conventionally attractive traits that people can agree to.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Boswell & Percy)
    I like to think I have conventionally attractive traits that people can agree to.
    maybe but don't so cocky. That's the first step to your downfall. girls don't prefer someone who thinks like that. you want to be humble and be polite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandiprat)
    I don’t know man, but either way it probably means they aren’t into you—because they are already taken or just because they aren’t interested. Girls can use the boyfriend excuse a lot since “I’m not interested” doesn’t seem to work on a lot of guys. Whatever way, I wouldn’t bother obsessing over it.
    I wouldn't say that it means they aren't interested assuming they actually have a bf. It just means they're loyal.

ReputationRep:
    **** off ‘I trust me good looks to do the talking’, sounds like you don’t need a girl because you’re sucking yourself off enough as is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
    maybe but don't so cocky. That's the first step to your downfall. girls don't prefer someone who thinks like that. you want to be humble and be polite.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It's common sense that some girls actually have bfs but how can you tell if this is case or it's simply rejection? I'm an attractive guy so I trust my good looks to do the talking because if they do have a bf, the likelihood is that I'm the more atttactive guy. Sometimes I ask if they have a bf before speaking to them. A good few say they don't which is reassuring as they could've easily said no if they didn't see potential in me. The ones who say yes, I appreciate that some actually do but how can you tell if the others are lying or actually telling the truth.
    yes it does , sorry

ReputationRep:
    Woah.

Look I don't need your looks to do the talking. I need your mouth to do that.

In answer, if they say they are engaged, that means polite rejection.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Maybe they actually have a boyfriend. Sorry to piss on your campfire.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an attractive guy
    I'm an attractive guy
    I'm an attractive guy
    I'm an attractive guy
    Every single ****ing thread you make...

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR69)
    I'm an attractive guy
    I'm an attractive guy
    I'm an attractive guy
    I'm an attractive guy
    Every single ****ing thread you make...

He is getting rather annoying tbh and too big for his boots

I've seen what OP looks like actually [mixed race light skinned black guy or mixed raced who looks like he spends a lot of time in the gym]

some girls would find him attractive imo, ..but he definitely doesn't have broad universal appeal, a lot of girls I can tell he's just not gonna be their type

definitely a fair bit of narcissism at play here.

He is lucky I am not troll enough to go and put up his pics......

ReputationRep:
    Are you light skin? Most of you are so full of yourself and think you’re gods gift, we have one just like you in our sixth form 😂

ReputationRep:
    Sadly yes, it does count as getting rejected. And are you sure you are an attractive guy? I don't see a picture of you so I can't determine. Maybe you are just average or maybe they aren't into you.

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Still a rejection, as they could instantly dump their bf if you were all that attractive.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.