Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls who would you rather date: an investment banker or a social worker? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Bearing in mind that both are degree educated at good universities and see physically equally attractive. The banker earns more, the social worker is more focused on helping people

ReputationRep:
    You really couldn't make this harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emms98)
    Bearing in mind that both are degree educated at good universities and see physically equally attractive. The banker earns more, the social worker is more focused on helping people
    This is a false choice.

The downside of the banker is that she won't be around - ever. She'll be working all the hours there are and at the weekend is unlikely to be able to get out of bed.

The social worker would very likely be either a complete cynic - completely detached from emotion and sceptical of any humanity - or is going to be a complete local government jobsworth whose standard response to just about anything will be "Health and Safety".

ReputationRep:
    uhhh...i'm a guy so i'm kinda breaking your rules here! but i would choose the investment banker...no clue what investment banking is, just sounds fancy and like you would be a clever cloggs! ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I went out with a social worker for a while once, she was probably the best person I ever knew.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the idea of helping people so definitely an investment banker.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    yeah its all good to go for the richer guy but i think realistically its be the social worker

ReputationRep:
    Social worker.

ReputationRep:
    I could list 100+ things wrong with the question, that would all be valid. A few notable ones are:

1. The social worker could be richer than the banker. Inheritance, investments aren’t factored.

2. Investment banking is very important for capital flows within every economic system and more fundemental to the core of society than a social worker. Just because you think social workers are probably nice and poor doesn’t make them any more caring than the banker.

3. This question really highlights the prejudices and preconceptions of you who asked it, rather than those who answer it. Clearly your preconceptions are very stereotypical thus very ignorant, what a shame.

ReputationRep:
    Banker

ReputationRep:
    The banker. Not for the money, but because I currently work in an office full of social workers and have seen/heard enough to want to leave them at the office!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emms98)
    Thats not fair, the banker might be kind-hearted as well not just a better earner :/

This is like a would you go for a 'richer or kinder' type of question
    Depends on who Ive got more bants with imo

ReputationRep:
    Banker, assuming that she doesn't get banged by one of her colleagues during one of their many late nights at the office.

I volunteer with social workers weekly and they're not the most intelligent or ambitious bunch. I'd probably become annoyed and leave them within a few weeks.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Moved to Chat.

ReputationRep:
    the one who makes more money obviously.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.