Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Yes i know, another height thread!!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 17yr old male and 5ft7 am i considered really short?

For some reason i have always had an insecurity about my height.

I know its out of my control but is there anyway to feel better about it?

When i was 10-11 i imagined myself as 6"2 but measuring myself today i have realised i'm 6" below!!

ReputationRep:
    5 7 for a guy at 17 is short but nothing majorly concerning, you might be below average height for the uk male (5 10) but you could still have an inch or 2 left to grow by your 20s and even so being 5 7 isnt as bad as it could be, you'd still be taller than most uk women by a couple inches

ReputationRep:
    You've only just realised now your below 6 foot?

5' 7 is the start of short so the very top end of short. And there is a way to feel better about it, to realise that it does not matter what height you are. Feeling insecure or getting berated for being short is just as illogical as feeling like you've achieved something or being praised for being tall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Table123)

When i was 10-11 i imagined myself as 6"2 but measuring myself today i have realised i'm 6" below!!
    I would say it's low average, I am the same but 19 and I don't think it really matters. Get to be with the girls in uni sports club team photos :')
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Dude just tell girls you're 6ft and guys that you're 5ft10 and they'll both be none the wiser.

ReputationRep:

Yes you are short, but its not a problem. It's a disadvantage with girls but that's about it. and it's not as bad as u might think if u score well in other areas then it wont matter, e.g. if u slept with her friend who is better looking than her she will sleep with u she's not gonna even think how short u are then.

the other advantages/disadvantage balance out (such as some sports its good to be tall others better to be short, e.g. in general basketball, volleyball tall is good. In tennis, 6'1 is good players who are too tall like 6'4" lose out in agility, although have a better serve. Distance runner, fighter pilot etc being short is a huge advantage.

You're not tall but you're not a midget either. a lot of british men are roughly that height nowadays so you've got nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KA99_)
    Dude just tell girls you're 6ft and guys that you're 5ft10 and they'll both be none the wiser.
    Pretty sure as a 6 foot tall woman I’d be able to tell that a guy wasn’t actually the same height as me, but in fact - 5 inches shorter.

ReputationRep:
    You're not a midget, thats all that matters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koosepat)
    5 7 for a guy at 17 is short but nothing majorly concerning, you might be below average height for the uk male (5 10) but you could still have an inch or 2 left to grow by your 20s and even so being 5 7 isnt as bad as it could be, you'd still be taller than most uk women by a couple inches
    i am 23 years old and I am 5 ft 8

what does that make me then

ReputationRep:

Still taller than me 😢😢😢

(Original post by study beats)
    i am 23 years old and I am 5 ft 8

what does that make me then
    A manlet

ReputationRep:

I am 5ft tall. So for me you would be just perfect!

ReputationRep:
    you statistically are supposed to live longer.....even if it's a sh*tty life...

ReputationRep:
    focus on things which you can change, like your attitudes and behavior. once you accept that you will never be Mr Tall UK then you can move on & enjoy life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A manlet
    go fùck yourself

ReputationRep:
    if you accept yourself the way you are, the insecurity will pass.

if someone cannot accept you the way you are, height and all, they don't deserve you or they are not ready for you.

ReputationRep:

I'm the same but opposite :/. 13 yet 6'1, people always ask me about it and it's pretty annoying. Oh well, not like there's anything I can do about it

ReputationRep:

I'm also 5'7" and thought I'd be taller than I am when I was 10-11 too, because I used to always get told one day I'd shoot up. Which did happen to an extent tbf because I was just about the shortest person in the year group when I was 10-11 and before that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A manlet
    Lol at people who post anonymously.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.