The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Application Status changed from Pending to Checking?

I applied to UStA in October. From then until today, the application page said i had a "Pending Decision". Checking today however, I noticed that the status had been moved back a rank, to "Checking Application". Does anyone know why this might happen, or what it means?
The same thing happened to me. Don't know what it means though.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
I have the same thing show up on my application (international student applying to IR from the United States). Since the status has changed from 'pending decision', I assume the decision has been made and is no longer pending. Hence, I suppose we will see a result in the near future.
I had the same thing happen to me. Have no close what it means. I am an international student (US) applying CS if that helps.
Reply 4
Hi, the same thing is happening to my application. Can you tell me what happened afterwards? Did you receive answers? And if so, how long did it take?

Sorry, I am so tense and I have been waiting for so long. I have applied for an English MLitt
The same happened a to me a few months ago. Still haven't heard anything (also American student applying IR)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by carli8
Hi, the same thing is happening to my application. Can you tell me what happened afterwards? Did you receive answers? And if so, how long did it take?

Sorry, I am so tense and I have been waiting for so long. I have applied for an English MLitt

I also applied for an English MLitt, and mine just changed from "checking" to "pending" for the first time (my second referee finally submitted a reference). I have to say, reading this thread isn't making me very hopeful for a quick response....
Guys, I don't understand, I sent my application in october and I am still on "checking application", even better I've read on a discussion that some offers had already been sent for my course. I mean how can they send out offers without even looking at everyone of the applications ! Should I send an email to StA to ask them about it ?
Reply 8
Original post by ElijahBrou2
Guys, I don't understand, I sent my application in october and I am still on "checking application", even better I've read on a discussion that some offers had already been sent for my course. I mean how can they send out offers without even looking at everyone of the applications ! Should I send an email to StA to ask them about it ?

At this point I'd send an email..
Yeah I applied on June 27th, and my application for Computing and IT MSc just changed back from pending to checking rip, hope they make there mind up as I dont want to waste my other Masters offers which I got from Uni of Birmingham and Nottingham, rip........... although I got a first in my undergraduate, hopefully my alevels of BBE dont bring me down lol ..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending