The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge hill University irish students?

Hello,
I am a pre-Nursing student in Ireland looking to study Nursing in the UK,
I am wondering is their any Irish students studying in Edgehill University? did you come from leaving cert or QQI/Fetac? what course are you studying? how is student life and accommodation.
Thanks.
Hi jsla2017

Thank you for your interest in studying with us at Edge Hill. I passed your message on to one of our student bloggers who is from Ireland and they've written a little bit about their experience that we hope will be helpful to you.

"Hello Anon Irish Student,

First I just want to reassure you that coming to the UK to study from Ireland is possible no matter what anyone will throw at you about costs, brexit and debt. You've made a great choice to look at this route.

My name is Sean, I'm a 1st year that just came over from Donegal (Donegal4Sam2018). I did my Leaving straight up like any other student and ended up getting a place in Computing Science (Network, Security and Forensics). The great thing about EHU and applications is they look at you as a person not just the marks on paper.

I worked around Ireland on cyber bulling campaigns with the Dept Of Education, Webwise and ISSU, and I can say that the student life at EHU is brilliant if not better than most of the Irish colleges. This is because of the great accommodation layout. I live with 8 other people from all over England and they are the best craic. Nights out are a must and amazing too. Local clubs are on point, and if you want something more Liverpool is just down the road.

Finally there are loads of Irish here. Lots from the north because of it being in the UK but still a fair number from all over the South. You won’t be alone trust me.

If you want some info about finance I’ve done a blog about it here: https://blogs.edgehill.ac.uk/insideedge/2017/12/04/edge-hill-university-and-susi-an-irish-guide-to-applying-to-finance-at-edge-hill/

All the best
Sean"

I hope this helps, if you have any questions at all about applying to study with us or our student life let me know and I will pass them on to Sean or a member of our admissions team :smile:

Hannah
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending