The Student Room Group

Falling For People Too Hard

I'm not needy when in relationships or when starting to date someone, or at least not openly. 😂
But once it is over for one reason or another, a couple of times now I have been affected by it for weeks after and catch myself sitting thinking about it all.
Recently for example, me and this girl really clicked and a few weeks in she replied to a message something like sorry I didn't see this but didn't respond to what I said which was asking if fancied doing something. She liked me and even brought up the whole what are we, us etc. Questions but it went downhill from there (thought she didn't want to stuff or needed space when she didn't reply to going to do something), in the end I said I said I expected things to go differently and she said me too, was hoping we would be further by now 'but it is me always asking to do stuff so I stopped putting in effort'... that was basically that since we had a mini argument, nothing malicious, she asked if I wanted to meet up and talk properly and I said that Idk what else can be said and she never read that message or responded. She's turned away and avoided me whenever we pass one another these days around campus since, not that I try to stop and talk to her anyway since she stopped talking.
Anyway, in short, I am always thinking about how we hit it off quick, privately and even publicly when she rested her head on me in lectures or skipped towards me as she was happy to see me, ik they are small things but I am finding it hard to get over her, friend I confided in keeps mentioning her too. I am probably just being stupid and venting but any comments or discussions about it are welcome.
Sorry for the novel folks
Reply 1
Ik it's long but ;P
Reply 2
Sometimes things change, people change. Feelings alter. It just fizzled out.

Don't internalise it, these things happen.

As for getting over her, just accept your feelings, ride them out, they'll eventually fade out. Focus on something else, interests, hobbies, keep your mind proactive and productive.
Reply 3
Original post by Salma26
Sometimes things change, people change. Feelings alter. It just fizzled out.

Don't internalise it, these things happen.

As for getting over her, just accept your feelings, ride them out, they'll eventually fade out. Focus on something else, interests, hobbies, keep your mind proactive and productive.

I do so much stuff haha, which tbf does give me time w/o thinking of her but when I am revising or preparing for tutorials it is easy to be bored and it all comes flooding back
Reply 4
just message her and see how she responds because at the end of the day she could be feeling the same way🤷🏼*♂️
Reply 5
Original post by johnyyy
just message her and see how she responds because at the end of the day she could be feeling the same way🤷🏼*♂️

I mean, I could do but I think my feelings are greater and even being friends, which I would like and she said she didn't want us to end as we have but I think it might be best to focus on getting over her, don't think I could be a friend as she dated others for instance. When we really hit it off was just over a month back now so I doubt her feelings are mutual
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I do so much stuff haha, which tbf does give me time w/o thinking of her but when I am revising or preparing for tutorials it is easy to be bored and it all comes flooding back

Allow it to 'flood back' - it's a process. Once you stop fighting it and accept it, the 'flooding back' will lessen its affect on you. It's what you do about it, your human at the end of the day.

Lifes not what happened to you but what you do about it.
Reply 7
Original post by Salma26
Allow it to 'flood back' - it's a process. Once you stop fighting it and accept it, the 'flooding back' will lessen its affect on you. It's what you do about it, your human at the end of the day.

Lifes not what happened to you but what you do about it.

I do am but then a couple of hours pass and it's time wasted contemplating what could have been
Reply 8
I do am but then a couple of hours pass and it's time wasted contemplating what could have been

instead of contemplating on what could have been, change your thoughts consciously to what was, what is and what is now. All about willpower
Reply 9
I'm not needy when in relationships or when starting to date someone, or at least not openly. 😂
But once it is over for one reason or another, a couple of times now I have been affected by it for weeks after and catch myself sitting thinking about it all.
Recently for example, me and this girl really clicked and a few weeks in she replied to a message something like sorry I didn't see this but didn't respond to what I said which was asking if fancied doing something. She liked me and even brought up the whole what are we, us etc. Questions but it went downhill from there (thought she didn't want to stuff or needed space when she didn't reply to going to do something), in the end I said I said I expected things to go differently and she said me too, was hoping we would be further by now 'but it is me always asking to do stuff so I stopped putting in effort'... that was basically that since we had a mini argument, nothing malicious, she asked if I wanted to meet up and talk properly and I said that Idk what else can be said and she never read that message or responded. She's turned away and avoided me whenever we pass one another these days around campus since, not that I try to stop and talk to her anyway since she stopped talking.
Anyway, in short, I am always thinking about how we hit it off quick, privately and even publicly when she rested her head on me in lectures or skipped towards me as she was happy to see me, ik they are small things but I am finding it hard to get over her, friend I confided in keeps mentioning her too. I am probably just being stupid and venting but any comments or discussions about it are welcome.
Sorry for the novel folks

I used to be exactly the same, I still am in some aspects! Drop me a pm if you want to talk about it mate.
Original post by georgem93
I used to be exactly the same, I still am in some aspects! Drop me a pm if you want to talk about it mate.

Thanks, think it is worth messaging her again..?
Reply 11
Thanks, think it is worth messaging her again..?

Private message me mate we can talk it through there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending