Birmingham vs Southampton

Watch
Ellie_sb1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm applied for Philosophy and politics.

Which is better for my course?

Predicated grades are
AAB and an A in the EPQ

Thank you
madmirrors
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
University of Southampton is where I graduated from in biology, the university is excellent and so is Birmingham. Both are members of the Russell Group so are prestigious and well regarded by employers. I think you'd do well at either of them.
Samiik
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ultimately its your choice to make but i would advise you to really do your research. Make sure you know about the courses for both, what theyre like, what youll do in each year and what teaching methods there are. Also, visit both unis to see if you like the environment. A uni can have an amazing course but if you dont want to be in that environment then you arent going to enjoy it much. Read student reviews and speak to people already on the course. Check out unistats. Birmingham is a really good uni but what put me off applying was that i didnt like the environment and some parts of the course i applied for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.44%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.78%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
40%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.56%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.22%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed