is being an atheist wrong? Watch

Kaustubh dudeman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
ive never got a fondness for my religion.i often get insults and jeers from my friends and other people. they say im just too lazy and want to avoid rituals. can anyone give me arguements to support my cause?
Amullai
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not at all, why worship something that can't be proven to exist?
Cessa*
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What path you choose depends on you and no one can ever force their beliefs on you. I was told that religion is God in the heart of a man and doesn’t have to be where you worship or a “label”. Our experiences and how we feel shape us and coming to understand the concept of God is something we must give serious thought to whether it’s approving or disapproving the existence of God. I can’t really be of much help since I personally believe in God😇.
pfdavina
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kaustubh dudeman)
ive never got a fondness for my religion.i often get insults and jeers from my friends and other people. they say im just too lazy and want to avoid rituals. can anyone give me arguements to support my cause?
Rituals? What is your religion?
Amullai
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ask them why they believe in God or gods? Say that believing in a religion is lazy because it requires less intelligence to accept other people's ideas than it does to believe that accept that God or gods don't exist.
Bored123456789
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Of course it's not wrong to be an atheist. It's the logical choice.

Ask them to categorically prove God exists, beyond reasonable doubt. Obviously, they will fail because it can't be done.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Huw M Thomas
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Atheism is not a choice a person makes. Atheism is a condition in which a person finds themself.
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No it isn't wrong. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs. I'm an atheist and never had any problems with it. It's someone's choice to be religious, so it is my choice not to be. As long as you're happy and healthy then it is fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (119)
17.68%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (71)
10.55%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (99)
14.71%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (65)
9.66%
How can I be the best version of myself? (200)
29.72%

Watched Threads