If someone doesn't reply to your facebook message but does not unfriend you... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If someone doesn't reply to your facebook message but does not unfriend you are they still your friend?

I sent a friend a message on Facebook a couple of weeks ago, but have still not received a response. They go to a different uni to me.

They didn't respond to my message, however, we are still friends on Facebook.

Do you think that we are still friends or do you think that they are angry at me now and hate me/are not my friend anymore?
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends what you define as a friend.

People are "friends" on Facebook with many others but it doesn't necessarily mean they're actually friends.
username3590460
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Who knows?
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does it matter?
Maybe they’ve not noticed the message
Tbh this is the kind of thing that pre and early teens obsess over, not uni students
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He may not have seen the messages. He may have forgotten to reply. I've had messages (emails usually) that I've looked at, decided I'll reply later because they require thought and simply forgot.
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Facebook friends are frequently just acquaintances, at best. Also peoples use of Facebook and inclination to reply to messages varies enormously. So I think you can tell little from this. unless you fancy the pants of them and hope they fell the same, in which case its not a great sign.
Feastful
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What exactly did you write in this message to this friend?

Would help if we knew the context of the situation.
L.Michie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
He may not have seen the messages. He may have forgotten to reply. I've had messages (emails usually) that I've looked at, decided I'll reply later because they require thought and simply forgot.
I second this, I am awful at replying to even my best friends. Not because I don't like them, but just because I genuinely forget/get distracted. Luckily they are all very aware of this so will send me reminder messages/call me if they haven't heard anything for a couple of days 😂
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by L.Michie)
I second this, I am awful at replying to even my best friends. Not because I don't like them, but just because I genuinely forget/get distracted. Luckily they are all very aware of this so will send me reminder messages/call me if they haven't heard anything for a couple of days 😂
I only remembered to reply to one email because he sent another. Admittedly, that isn't normal for either of us and unless one is busy, we do reply pretty quickly.
Supernova36
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
‘Friends’ don’t ignore other friends !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (82)
68.33%
No I haven't decided yet (22)
18.33%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
13.33%

Watched Threads