The Student Room Group

Open University Distance Learning - thinking of moving to Europe

Hi there

Apologies if this has been posted before, I found similar questions but not quite the same situation.

I am UK national who has lived in England all my life. I'm currently doing an Open Uni degree (3rd year of 6), funding my course with a student loan. I'm considering moving to Germany some time next year, and wish to finish my Open University course whilst living there. As I have already begun my degree whilst living in the UK, would I be eligible to continue receiving student finance to cover the final 3 years?

Many thanks.
Original post by dododo1
Hi there

Apologies if this has been posted before, I found similar questions but not quite the same situation.

I am UK national who has lived in England all my life. I'm currently doing an Open Uni degree (3rd year of 6), funding my course with a student loan. I'm considering moving to Germany some time next year, and wish to finish my Open University course whilst living there. As I have already begun my degree whilst living in the UK, would I be eligible to continue receiving student finance to cover the final 3 years?

Many thanks.

Hi dododo1,

For Student Finance England to continue funding your Open University course you must be resident in the UK for the full length of the course.

Thanks

Catherine
Same as above. What is the minimum time in UK that counts as 'resident'?
Original post by Hopefully123
Same as above. What is the minimum time in UK that counts as 'resident'?

Hi Hopefully123,

You must be resident in the UK 3 years prior to the start of your course.

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending