The Student Room Group

When to start GCSE revision ?

I am in year eleven and have just finished my mock exams, which honestly haven’t gone too well. My guess is that I have got mainly 5/6’s ( C’s and B’s) as I did the bare minimum of revision as I was quite unwell during revision and exam period.
In my real exams I would like mainly 6’s and 7’s.
My question is when to start GCSE revision? Is starting in January about right? Or will I reach burnout by April if I do too much?

Thank you, any advice appreciated
I would start with small topic summaries for your exams in January and increase the amount of revision slowly, but only start the full-blown revision in around April.

The last thing you'd want is for your mind to struggle to cope with the high amounts of revision you are forcing it to take in, or for you to suffer from burnout.
The best thing to do now is to make sure that you've made the revision resources you'll need, so you could spend a few hours a week (maybe a Saturday afternoon or something) doing those, and then when the time comes around to start revising full out, you'll have everything prepared so you won't have to waste time making flashcards and notes instead of actually using them! (Remember to make resources which involve active recall) :smile:
Hi there,

I hope you’re well 😊
I just thought I’d reach out to let you know that it’s never too late to start revising for your exams! It’s great practice for when you continue your educational journey, and it makes you get into the best habits early on. As well, starting early means that you’re able to find the best revision method that works for you which is great!
Yes, burn out is a very real thing! But, you can also do work a little bit and often. Even if it’s revising for 1 subject for an hour a night, you’re still getting into that routine and something is bound to stick!
Hopefully that’s helpful best of luck!

Ana:h:
University of Liverpool Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending