The Student Room Group

What is a BAD secret santa gift?

Scroll to see replies

I thought by just reading the title that you wanted to avoid giving a bad secret Santa gift; I must say, after reading the OP I was surprised.
I think you're on the right track anyway. If you purposefully want to get someone a bad secret Santa gift, then you'll give a bad secret Santa gift.

I remember last year I joined the secret Santa thing going on in my workplace. I put so much effort into it, I was so new I didn't even know the person I had, but I wanted to do something nice. The budget was fairly small, 5 quid, but I wanted to make the best out of it.
I found this cute Santa mug that had an opening as if he was eating something, and I bought it for starters. Then I bought this really nice tea blend, and I made some nice Christmas cookies. I also got a pair of those warm socks that are fleeced inside, because no matter how many I got I simply never have enough, and they're a staple during this weather. I also found this cute Christmas themed cookie box, and I also wrapped everything in very nicely. I went slightly over budget, but I didn't care. I also put a card inside. I found out the person later to be really sweet, and I saw that she was really happy with the gift, which made me very happy.

Now, I wasn't expecting anything special on my side. I enjoy gifting more than getting gifts, however I was remembered last year as having received the most unthoughtful gift ever. I got one of those 5 pound generic bath sets that are out during this time of the year. :frown: I ended up donating it for a charity shop raffle
the worst secret santa gift i got was in year 8 when this girl gave me moshi monsters cards that would unlock free items or money

Spoiler

If you want to bring him down a peg, buy him something really passive aggressive like some mouthwash, deodorant or shampoo.
Original post by Blackmanblues
Hey all,

Having a secret santa at my work. Got someone in the office that's well known for being quite scummy, cheating on 2-3 girls at the same time, and overly arrogant/confident about himself.

I want to get him something kinda embarrassing, and the only thing i can think of so far is a 'I <3 Myself' mug..

Any ideas?

A bottle containing a mixture of p!ss, s£men and blood.
Original post by LaMandarine
I thought by just reading the title that you wanted to avoid giving a bad secret Santa gift; I must say, after reading the OP I was surprised.
I think you're on the right track anyway. If you purposefully want to get someone a bad secret Santa gift, then you'll give a bad secret Santa gift.

I remember last year I joined the secret Santa thing going on in my workplace. I put so much effort into it, I was so new I didn't even know the person I had, but I wanted to do something nice. The budget was fairly small, 5 quid, but I wanted to make the best out of it.
I found this cute Santa mug that had an opening as if he was eating something, and I bought it for starters. Then I bought this really nice tea blend, and I made some nice Christmas cookies. I also got a pair of those warm socks that are fleeced inside, because no matter how many I got I simply never have enough, and they're a staple during this weather. I also found this cute Christmas themed cookie box, and I also wrapped everything in very nicely. I went slightly over budget, but I didn't care. I also put a card inside. I found out the person later to be really sweet, and I saw that she was really happy with the gift, which made me very happy.

Now, I wasn't expecting anything special on my side. I enjoy gifting more than getting gifts, however I was remembered last year as having received the most unthoughtful gift ever. I got one of those 5 pound generic bath sets that are out during this time of the year. :frown: I ended up donating it for a charity shop raffle

This is my second Christmas of doing secret santa with various groups, and I've realised that you should never 1) over-spend and 2) spend much effort on it. I've always tried to get my secret santa a collection a nice thought-out things, only for them to not be as thrilled as I hoped they'd be, and for myself to receive something generic and boring that I'd never use. :nopity:
Original post by littlenorthernlass
This is my second Christmas of doing secret santa with various groups, and I've realised that you should never 1) over-spend and 2) spend much effort on it. I've always tried to get my secret santa a collection a nice thought-out things, only for them to not be as thrilled as I hoped they'd be, and for myself to receive something generic and boring that I'd never use. :nopity:

Hey! Long time no see :biggrin:
I totally feel you.

I actually take people giving me toiletries as basic as shower gel sets offensive. Are they implying that I have a lack of that :angry:, or that I'm not clean or what?
A framed picture of himself.
Reply 27
a subscription to gay times?
In year 8 I bought someone a really nice perfume and what I got in return was so scrappy book by Jacqueline Wilson that was for like 8 year olds with bent pages,ruined cover and it literally looked like someone found it under their bed :frown:.
I once got given toilet roll as a secret Santa gift. Don't know if that was their way of telling me I talk a lot of **** :tongue:
A voice recording from his gf saying 'You're a c-u-n-t!'-after telling her what he's doing ofc.
A Mrs Brown's Boys DVD (which is available to a good home...)
Original post by mikecoxon

:nopity:
Original post by Blackmanblues
Hey all,

Having a secret santa at my work. Got someone in the office that's well known for being quite scummy, cheating on 2-3 girls at the same time, and overly arrogant/confident about himself.

I want to get him something kinda embarrassing, and the only thing i can think of so far is a 'I <3 Myself' mug..

Any ideas?

Showing up without a present.

Ahh the TSR office has just swapped theirs :wink:
I was once given a swear box. :lol:

I would call the police if I received this as a gift.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I would call the police if I received this as a gift.

[video="youtube;x-OElqA8ULw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-OElqA8ULw[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest