Douniax
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I’m in year 10 I really need someone who’s good at chemistry cause I’m struggling so much with it xx
COYS...TTID
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
What are you struggling with?
Douniax
Rep:
Chemistry the exothermic and endothermic reaction
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Douniax)
Chemistry the exothermic and endothermic reaction
In reactions, it's all about the bonds dude, the question you need to be asking at GCSE, in a reaction, are more bonds being made than broken? Or the other way round.

When bonds are created, energy is released, when bonds are broken, energy has to be taken in. When more bonds are being created than destroyed, then overall, more energy is being released, this is shown with an increase in temperature, this is an exothermic reaction.

Thinking about Chemistry, everything has a cost right? And that cost is energy. To break bonds, energy is required, either from the surroundings or otherwise, when more bonds are being destroyed than made, this means that in general, more energy is being taken in to break than released when bonds are made, by this taking in of energy, this is shown with a decrease in temperature, this is an endothermic reaction.
Douniax
Rep:
(Original post by AryanGh)
In reactions, it's all about the bonds dude, the question you need to be asking at GCSE, in a reaction, are more bonds being made than broken? Or the other way round.

When bonds are created, energy is released, when bonds are broken, energy has to be taken in. When more bonds are being created than destroyed, then overall, more energy is being released, this is shown with an increase in temperature, this is an exothermic reaction.

Thinking about Chemistry, everything has a cost right? And that cost is energy. To break bonds, energy is required, either from the surroundings or otherwise, when more bonds are being destroyed than made, this means that in general, more energy is being taken in to break than released when bonds are made, by this taking in of energy, this is shown with a decrease in temperature, this is an endothermic reaction.
Oml thanks soooo muchhh that helpeddd 😭 how old are u btw
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Douniax)
Oml thanks soooo muchhh that helpeddd 😭 how old are u btw
I am 16.
Douniax
Rep:
(Original post by AryanGh)
I am 16.
Ohk well I’m obvi 15😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.03%
It went fairly well (239)
47.51%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.91%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise