Stressed up before even starting A levels.

Watch
kimjihoon5924
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm doing 3 subjects for Cambridge A levels. I am taking January intake (Nxt year) for College A levels. I'm taking English Lit, Maths and Economics. My tuition teacher has covered AS Econs in a week and almost finished covering A levels Econs, and I'm expecting myself to solve all AS&A econs paper by nxt month, which is the first month of my A level lessons. I have pushed myself to solve P1&P2 papers for Mathematics even though I have not even started the course. I get nervous even though my first A level classes HAVE NOT EVEN STARTED. Am I pushing myself too much? I am also quite anxious about Eng Lit as I heard it would be a lot of reading but I have not even started pre-reading the texts. *I am taking AP Economics for May nxt year before AS levels
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kimjihoon5924)
I'm doing 3 subjects for Cambridge A levels. I am taking January intake (Nxt year) for College A levels. I'm taking English Lit, Maths and Economics. My tuition teacher has covered AS Econs in a week and almost finished covering A levels Econs, and I'm expecting myself to solve all AS&A econs paper by nxt month, which is the first month of my A level lessons. I have pushed myself to solve P1&P2 papers for Mathematics even though I have not even started the course. I get nervous even though my first A level classes HAVE NOT EVEN STARTED. Am I pushing myself too much? I am also quite anxious about Eng Lit as I heard it would be a lot of reading but I have not even started pre-reading the texts. *I am taking AP Economics for May nxt year before AS levels
Sorry, you covered the entirety of AS economics in a week?

You’re really pushing yourself. It’s not as beneficial as people believe to just read through or attempt to learn the content before it’s taught. You’d be much better off spending that time revising the work after you’ve been taught the stuff.

Literature isn’t that much reading. Of course you’ve got to read the texts, and your teacher may ask that of you more than once - But it’s much more discussion and analysis and flipping through the texts for useful quotes etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.15%
Uncertainty around my education (297)
15%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (210)
10.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (277)
13.99%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.34%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.66%
Loneliness (174)
8.79%
Financial worries (71)
3.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (87)
4.39%
Exposure to negative news/social media (93)
4.7%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.45%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (176)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.44%

Watched Threads