How do we find these angles? Someone please explain.

Watch
thebrahmabull
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Name:  Screenshot_2017-12-09-19-02-07-462.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  97.0 KB
Notnek
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by thebrahmabull)
Name:  Screenshot_2017-12-09-19-02-07-462.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  97.0 KB
For question R : consider the cyclic quadrilaterial PQRS.
FailedMyMocks
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Is it bad that I got an A in Maths and FM and don't know...

Circle Theorems have never been my friend.
the bear
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by FailedMyMocks)
Is it bad that I got an A in Maths and FM and don't know...

Circle Theorems have never been my friend.
:spank:
cameronleid_
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
In R, Using the cyclic quadrilaterial rule in circle theorem you should see that Q + O = 180 degrees so 180 -115 = 65 degrees. Using that, you can work out the angle of ROS.
Notnek
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cameronleid_)
In R, Using the cyclic quadrilaterial rule in circle theorem you should see that Q + O = 180 degrees so 180 -115 = 65 degrees. Using that, you can work out the angle of ROS.
OPQR is not a cyclic quadrilateral so this is incorrect.

It should be clear that angle POR is not 65 degrees.
timif2
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Is it 115, cos angle at centre is double circumference
Notnek
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by timif2)
Is it 115, cos angle at centre is double circumference
No that's not right. There is no chord that subtends both angles so you can't use that circle theorem for those angles.
Notnek
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
An alternative to the method I gave above is to see that the major arc PSR subtends the reflex angle POR at the centre and PQR at the circumference so you can use the "angle at the centre" circle theorem and go from there.

But I think this method is confusing for most students.
SilverWater
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
ignore me
SumOfSquares
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Deleted comment.
Notnek
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SumOfSquares)
x
Hi, a hint for this method was already given above. Please read the posting guidelines, particularly the point about posting bigger hints. Thanks
SumOfSquares
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Notnek)
Hi, a hint for this method was already given above. Please read the posting guidelines, particularly the point about posting bigger hints. Thanks
Sorry. Should I delete the post?
Notnek
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SumOfSquares)
Sorry. Should I delete the post?
That would be great if you could. Please continue to help in the maths forum but always check the previous posts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.39%
Okay (115)
29.19%
A bit lacking (150)
38.07%
Not good at all (92)
23.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed