Turn on thread page Beta

Official Women’s Football Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    That line of thinking is flawed and assumes they are playing in equivalent competitions when they aren't (the women's Euros and World Cups have fewer teams in, so they aren't like for like).

If they play in the same competitions the men play in and get further than the men do, then they've outshone them.

Until then, no.
    Well maybe if they would think of us as equal and put the same amount of teams in the tournament and then we would.
    But that doesn’t change the fact we still have out shone the England men’s team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrianMcEgg)
    Sexism. Although the quality of women’s football is improving rapidly, it is still a number of years behind hence women’s football is looked down on.
    Exactly that’s my point that’s why I think if the FA didn’t banned it in 1921 (they lifted it in 1971) it would be totally different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophh21103)
    Well maybe if they would think of us as equal and put the same amount of teams in the tournament and then we would.
    But that doesn’t change the fact we still have out shone the England men’s team
    Getting further in an inferior/different competition =/= outshining

My local Sunday League team won a trophy last season are they outshining the England men as well?

Not sure why you are so obsessed with 'getting one over' the men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Getting further in an inferior/different competition =/= outshining

My local Sunday League team won a trophy last season are they outshining the England men as well?
    Tbh so is my under 14 team I play for we have won the league 2 the County Cup 1 Northbank tournament 1 Whitehaven tournament 1 League Cup 1 in 2 seasons

Not sure why you are so obsessed with 'getting one over' the men.
    I’m not so obsessed it’s the fact we always get looked down on as the 2nd best to the male international team but we are not

ReputationRep:
    I’m not so obsessed it’s the fact we always get looked down on as the 2nd best to the male international team but we are not
    I agree it's just not true.

You have the u21, u20, u19, u18, u17 & u16 teams.

8th best?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly that’s my point that’s why I think if the FA didn’t banned it in 1921 (they lifted it in 1971) it would be totally different
    In theory yes, but I don’t think they really made the effort until a few years ago. Think it might take a lot of generations until football isn’t seen as a boy sport, some of the attendances in the women’s English top flight are about the same as men’s conference premier division, and I can’t see it changing anytime soon. For example Reading women hit 1k attendance the other day for the first time I think, the men’s team isn’t even in the premier league yet they get 12 times that attendance at the very least on a regular basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrianMcEgg)
    In theory yes, but I don’t think they really made the effort until a few years ago. Think it might take a lot of generations until football isn’t seen as a boy sport, some of the attendances in the women’s English top flight are about the same as men’s conference premier division, and I can’t see it changing anytime soon. For example Reading women hit 1k attendance the other day for the first time I think, the men’s team isn’t even in the premier league yet they get 12 times that attendance at the very least on a regular basis.
    Exactly I know that but it’s the fact the FA are just making it harder for women to play top flight league with their new ‘criteria’ which is not right for the football clubs and that’s why we need more coverage which could help and that why all the women players work so hard to try and change it so it’s not only a ‘boy or man’ sport instead of trying to help it play catch-up to all the time lost through that ban and a bit after
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    What game ??? And the Lionesses are amazing and throughly deserve to be the no.1 ranked team in the world
    Durham Ladies v Aston Villa Ladies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Durham Ladies v Aston Villa Ladies
    Durham are fairly decent ... I’ve meet there midfielder Beth Hepple she’s really nice tbh she’s the one who tried to persuade me to sign a deal with their RTC
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Durham are fairly decent ... I’ve meet there midfielder Beth Hepple she’s really nice tbh she’s the one who tried to persuade me to sign a deal with their RTC
    The game got called off because Villa could not get out of Birmingham because of the heavy snow, was shame that was looking forward to a cracking match, Beth from what I remember is a good player, I managed to get half the England Ladies autographs and got a Selfie with one of the Villa female strikers.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite game ever just so happens to be a women's game. The 2012 Olympic semi-final between the US and Canada.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    My favourite game ever just so happens to be a women's game. The 2012 Olympic semi-final between the US and Canada.
    Oh yeah that was just drama all the way, one of the best ever women's games I had seen.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I am off to a women's game Sunday hey Jack22031994 you going to any games soon?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I am off to a women's game Sunday hey Jack22031994 you going to any games soon?
    Unfortunately not - far too busy!

What game you off to?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    Unfortunately not - far too busy!

What game you off to?
    Ah that sucks for you, I am off to Villa Ladies v London Bees (well they may as well be called Barnet) this Sunday
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ah that sucks for you, I am off to Villa Ladies v London Bees (well they may as well be called Barnet) this Sunday
    Yeah, want to get to Anfield to at some point Ah nice and yeah they might as well be!

Hope its a good game
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah, want to get to Anfield to at some point Ah nice and yeah they might as well be!

Hope its a good game
    I been to Anfield but that was for the men's lol, yeah we need to keep our winning run going.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I been to Anfield but that was for the men's lol, yeah we need to keep our winning run going.
    Same! Just not in ages I can now afford membership though so can get ticket access again!

Ah good luck!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Same! Just not in ages I can now afford membership though so can get ticket access again!

Ah good luck!
    We'll need it, they just let our star striker go which is rubbish I even got a shirt with her name on the back
    http://ladies.avfc.co.uk/news/wilkin...6jlVwbMfRD3.97

ReputationRep:
    Anyone should be allowed to play any sport , there shouldn’t be any gender discrimination as to who can play what sport. Regardless of whether you’re a male or female , everyone is good at certain things , some better than others.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.