The Student Room Group

Is It Too Much To Use lots of revision

I use the internet, buy books, watch videos. Is it too much too use them all if they provide relatively the same questions and revisions anyway?
As long as you aren’t stressed by the level of the revision you are doing, it won’t be detrimental to your ability to learn. Just try not to stray away from the syllabus while you’re at it.
Original post by dandiprat
As long as you aren’t stressed by the level of the revision you are doing, it won’t be detrimental to your ability to learn. Just try not to stray away from the syllabus while you’re at it.

Well, lets say its higher maths.You brought the work book and question book. Then you revise stuff on higher maths online, and watch videos. Do you read the book first, watch and revise online or both at the same time.
Original post by SSGSS Vegito
Well, lets say its higher maths.You brought the work book and question book. Then you revise stuff on higher maths online, and watch videos. Do you read the book first, watch and revise online or both at the same time.

I would personally start by securing my understanding of the methods needed to do the questions: so, read the book and watch the videos, before attempting the questions for the specific unit.
Original post by dandiprat
I would personally start by securing my understanding of the methods needed to do the questions: so, read the book and watch the videos, before attempting the questions for the specific unit.

So with your advice how long would it be (with common sense) for me to be ready and pass my Higher maths?
And if I was to do this sort of things for all 7 subjects will i be able to make it, in terms of my revision and understanding of the subject, or will it be too much and just revise from one source?
I use the internet, buy books, watch videos. Is it too much too use them all if they provide relatively the same questions and revisions anyway?

I don't see how you can have too many resources for revision. (surely that would be a good thing?)
o
Original post by _gcx
I don't see how you can have too many resources for revision. (surely that would be a good thing?)

If you have too much revision, then it means you have too much to revise using up time that could have used better. Now tell me if am right or wrong.
o

If you have too much revision, then it means you have too much to revise using up time that could have used better. Now tell me if am right or wrong.

But you're not giving yourself more content to revise surely? You're just giving yourself more ways to revise that content.
I'm pretty sure the resources you've listed is what most people use anyway so I think you're fine.

Unless you're revising content you don't need for your specification, using more resources is good because it provides better practice and preparation for the exams.
more resources the better. even if they look the same you're getting different things out of them.
I'm home learning maths. I first watched videos, then went through the book then wired on revision

Quick Reply

Latest