Dagan01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any thoughts on NCS Sixth Form in East Ham?
Has anyone been and is it any good?
Mrstudies
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dagan01)
Any thoughts on NCS Sixth Form in East Ham?
Has anyone been and is it any good?
I am a second year student at the institution, I once in your position, fell in to the propaganda of it being an amazing institution and full of opportunities and wonder. It's designed to captivate an individual. From the headteacher it is able to gain publicity, because of his past. Upon entry there isnt as many opportunities as advertised and the teaching quality is not all that. Only reason the success rate is continuously high is because , from the beginning they take in only smart people and if they don't achieve high , that's something to question.
Dagan01
Rep:
?
Are the teachers good - what is the teaching style like for your chosen subjects?
Mrstudies
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dagan01)
Are the teachers good - what is the teaching style like for your chosen subjects?
I do maths , further maths and physics, predicted AAA, as you may tell my subjects are more, whiteboard and pen approach and obviously hands on. Naturally I grasp the concept. Teachers can obviously explain, that's like a primary school sort of thing. It's just that , the students are naturally smart and grasp the concepts, further practice individually, now I look back, seven kings or my sixth form would've been the best option. Would've had better explanation and less independent study needed .
iron morse
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
dont go its ****e
Dagan01
Rep:
?
What about Brampton Manor Academy- how is it there?
Jess Sharp
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mrstudies)
I am a second year student at the institution, I once in your position, fell in to the propaganda of it being an amazing institution and full of opportunities and wonder. It's designed to captivate an individual. From the headteacher it is able to gain publicity, because of his past. Upon entry there isnt as many opportunities as advertised and the teaching quality is not all that. Only reason the success rate is continuously high is because , from the beginning they take in only smart people and if they don't achieve high , that's something to question.
How comes you didn’t leave if you hated it so much? Do you really study at NCS?
erratic_deus
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Newham Sixth Form is great!

Someone got into MIT on a quarter million scholarship!

Furthermore, some students got into Oxbridge (11)
ddsrty
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
the institution is overrated and they over-advertise.they made me wait in line for hours on results day which was very useless.sam dobin needs to lower his standards.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (53)
25.73%
No (153)
74.27%

Watched Threads