Which one of these bachelor programmes should I choose? Watch

viktor77727
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I like all of them but I would like to narrow down the list - but I don't know which ones are good and will help me get a well-paid job in the future, so I need some advice...

Software Engineering and Management
International Business
International Economics
International Management
International Business Management
Global Management
Language and Translation Studies (I know German, Chinese, Swedish and French)
Game Design and Programming/Graphics
Business Administration and Political Science
Mathematics and Economics
Economics and Statistics
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most of these are "generalist" degrees - that is, they can lead to any number of jobs, and whether that is "well paying" depends a lot on yourself. You can go into the gaming industry with a degree in anything depending on what you specifically want to do in that sector, although software engineering/computer science would be ideal, while a games programming/development course would be adequate.

Translation tends to be more concerned with your actual language abilities than qualifications - as long as you can demonstrate your proficiency (often this is through standardised tests separate to a degree anyway) you won't necessarily need a degree in the area. Business, including investment banking or similar, really has no specific requirements other than going to a "target" university. This means getting top grades to get into one, and then it doesn't really matter what you study as long as you get a good 2:1/1st.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (130)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.17%
Not great so far... (256)
35.85%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.77%

Watched Threads