DukeOfWellington
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello
Currently I’m in my a2 year doing maths chemistry biology and physics.
I would like to apply for medicine(post results) however during my as exams I messed up one of the maths papers (ocr c1) leaving me with a B overall. An A is still very much possible but resitting this relatively easy module would definitely make it less tight however I’m not too sure how resitting this one module would affect my chances of getting an offer and I’m having difficulty find info on which unis would be definite no nos if I did decide to resit.

What I am asking for is advice on whether I should resit this one module ( got 224 ums last year and need 480 total for an A) and if so which unis to avoid applying for 2019 entry. Or should I just concentrate on getting As in my other subjects.

Also in case this is any help at GCSE I obtained 4a*s 4as 2bs and a c
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes do re-sit. C3 and C4 are considerably harder than C1 and C2 and so you need all the UMS you can get from the AS units.

I've known plenty of students re-sit units within the 2 years (or even the year after) and get medicine offers so I don't think it will be an issue.
DukeOfWellington
Rep:
?
Which unis should I avoid applying to in that case?
DukeOfWellington
Rep:
?
Are sure it would not disadvantage my application?

Also another question, if I achieved 3As and B at a level would that still count as reaching the AAA offer for medicine?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DukeOfWellington)
Are sure it would not disadvantage my application?
I can't answer for all universities (ask them yourself) but I would say that re-sitting some modular units was the norm (even for Medical applicants) when everything was modular. I can't see many of them quibbling about 1 or 2 Maths re-sits.

(Original post by DukeOfWellington)
if I achieved 3As and B at a level would that still count as reaching the AAA offer for medicine?
It depends on whether the offer specified an A in the subject you get a B in.
DukeOfWellington
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
It depends on whether the offer specified an A in the subject you get a B in.
Many of them say a levels must be taken in one sitting, does this mean during the 2 year period or only one attempt at each exam?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise