The Student Room Group

Not rebellious in life. Regret

Hi,

I know this is going to sound stupid but I regret not being rebellious in life. I'm 24 and one of those good people. Don't go crazy and more or less stick to the law. Don't go out much either especially on night outs and tend to not argue a lot. Tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. In fact, because I didn't go out much at university either as I lived at home and my university was antisocial.

Thing is, I have a younger sibling who is going to university. They are living at home and are going out a lot - to which I don't have a problem. But my parents do. They keep using me as a benchmark example and to be frank, I think I've been too nice and not rebellious enough. People have instilled too much trust in me and some have abused me. Point is, because I haven't been rebellious I haven't been able to achieve my life goals. For example, I'm unemployed. I had everything the employer needed but because of non-rebellious trait I was not confident
You're only 24. You probably have at least 60 years left to do **** that you want.

Just go out and do stuff, stop making excuses.
You don't need to be rebellious to be confident to employers :smile:.

I recommend you take cold showers, thats rebellious against the status quo and will train you in getting out of your comfort zone.
Original post by SophieSmall
You're only 24. You probably have at least 60 years left to do **** that you want.

Just go out and do stuff, stop making excuses.

15 years left at most*

Life ends at 40.
Reply 4
Original post by manupz
Hi,

I know this is going to sound stupid but I regret not being rebellious in life. I'm 24 and one of those good people. Don't go crazy and more or less stick to the law. Don't go out much either especially on night outs and tend to not argue a lot. Tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. In fact, because I didn't go out much at university either as I lived at home and my university was antisocial.

Thing is, I have a younger sibling who is going to university. They are living at home and are going out a lot - to which I don't have a problem. But my parents do. They keep using me as a benchmark example and to be frank, I think I've been too nice and not rebellious enough. People have instilled too much trust in me and some have abused me. Point is, because I haven't been rebellious I haven't been able to achieve my life goals. For example, I'm unemployed. I had everything the employer needed but because of non-rebellious trait I was not confident

I'm like this I am too innocent I don't drink and am not loud and mostly introverted.

I don't know how you have linked this to being unemployed though.

An employer wouldn't want someone who is rebellious and is hard to manage and won't follow the rules. I think maybe you are mistaking rebellious with being confident or assertive which is a much better quality.

Why do you say that?

Quick Reply

Latest