l3wis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
To explain the title: I’d like to study either straight maths, ‘maths with economics’ or ‘maths and economics’.

GCSE’s: 5 A* (including grade 9 in maths) 5 A

A Levels: Predicted A* (Maths), A* (Further Maths), A* (History), A (Physics)

Context: I am in Year 12 and have a huge passion for maths as well as an interest in economics. My interest in economics actually comes from my history studies on Weimar Germany, during which I have learned about hyperinflation and the basics of currency rates. I live in Manchester, but I think I’m based too far from the university to live at home whilst attending.

Potential destinations: I have considered Oxbridge, but I’m not sure I’d enjoy living far from a large city. I am also considering UCL, KCL and Imperial, as well as Manchester and possibly Warwick. I’d like to attend a top university in terms of reputation and academics, but I would also love to actually enjoy the social experience (hence why I’m avoiding LSE... lol). I definitely prefer city life and would love to live in or around London. I am also thinking of applying to Stanford, but I’m not sure if it’s worth the time and effort (SATs and such).

Could anyone recommend either one of my current considerations or another university that would satisfy my (needy) preferences? Which university is most reputable? How severe is the cost of living in London, and is it worth it?

Thanks for any help!!

(Feel free to put my post in the correct forum as I have no idea which is suitable lol)
Rohan77642
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
MORSE at Warwick is pretty cool.
You might wanna look into that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.75%
Uncertainty around my education (86)
11.5%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (80)
10.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (96)
12.83%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.21%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (42)
5.61%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (81)
10.83%
Financial worries (50)
6.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.28%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.15%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.21%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (71)
9.49%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (58)
7.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed