The Student Room Group

Year 11 Mocks OMFG HELP!!!!!

I've been predicted an 8 in everything however I have been having severe anxiety and ocd this year. I worked really hard in year 10 and have most of my revisons resources for science. Alot of people in my year didn't take the exams seriously last year and I was pissed at myself for caring so much and losing sleep, crying every night when others didn't care. This year I decided to not give a **** about my mocks cause teachers were cramming me with hw etc. I was too stressed and put my well being before my results. I know my sixform will except me regardless of my grade but I didn't understand the importance of these mocks.

I have mocks all next week and its Saturday and I'm freaking out completely shut off not producing any work and searching local bridges to jump off (not literally)

I know others have started the mocks does anyone know what is coming up for lit and lang paper 1. would be soo much help xxx

Scroll to see replies

I've just had a week of mocks and I have some more next week. In terms of content, that can honestly vary a lot - different departments within different schools may decide to create a paper that compiles questions from multiple other papers (like my Computer Science teacher), or they may just use ones provided by the exam board.

The purpose of mocks, in my opinion, is just to gain a rough understanding of where you're at, in terms of both exam technique and knowledge of the content, and also to provide you with 'the whole experience' of having exams in the circumstances that you'll have in six months' time (they're also there as a 'backup' just in case something extremely serious happens on the day of your actual GCSE exam; if you are unable to complete the exam that day and have a valid excuse, e.g. because you got into an accident and are in hospital, mocks can be used to help determine your final grade).

Try not to worry too much about them; definitely revise for them and try your best, but don't get stressed over them - it's not worth it.

Good luck (:
(edited 6 years ago)
hiya!

don't stress too hard over these mocks! you have your science resources mad- go over them, make sure you understand the content. when you get your results, you'll know what to further work on to improve for next time.
try and revise by reading notes and revsion guides for other subjects if you feel you have no time- that's what i did, and i got 6s (not great, i know, but i practically gave up trying- which i advise you not to do, haha).
if you don't mind me asking, what books are you studying for english lit?
language paper 1 was text from a story, talking about a trip to brighton- i'm not completely sure about the text. but, section B was describing a beach setting, but i can't remember what the second section was on, i'm sorry.

i wish you the best of luck, but don't stress! xx
Reply 3
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Nuttyy
You already have your revision material for all sciences? JHEEEZ, I didn't even finish making mine before the exams. I ended up memorising the revision guides loool

just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of grades did you get? x
Reply 5
Mocks really don't matter much and so shouldn't be stressing you at all.

Treat it as a random past paper but the only in exam conditions in an exam environment. Even if you do badly, no one is going to judge you because I bet 90% of people you know will not revise for them (or will start revising a day before).
Reply 6
lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Honestly you need to chill bruh.. I didn’t revise for my mocks at all and I got all Ds and Us. it got me shook but I still didn’t revise as effectively but I got through my GCSEs with grades im really happy with. My point is you’ll be fine especially if you worked so hard in year10 I didn’t work at all in year 10 and I did just fine and it’s not like I’m naturally talented like I’m dumb af.. it may not seem like it but GCSEs are a breeze
Original post by Nuttyy
I did it 2 years ago, I got 1 A* and 10As. If I put in the effort an actually revised from Christmas, I'd have got much much better.

wow, that's amazing! what do you recommend doing from christmas? do you think you should have finished your notes by then, or should've started then? x
Reply 9
(edited 5 years ago)
I already had a week and a half and got my last one on Wednesday and I thought I would be more nervous on the exam but I really wasn't. What's the worst that can happen, failing mocks will just give you more incentive to work harder for the real one.
Original post by Nuttyy
You already have your revision material for all sciences? JHEEEZ, I didn't even finish making mine before the exams. I ended up memorising the revision guides loool

I know but im ****ed for english cause in genral im really bad though im in top set.
Original post by giothevanna11
I've just had a week of mocks and I have some more next week. In terms of content, that can honestly vary a lot - different departments within different schools may decide to create a paper that compiles questions from multiple other papers (like my Computer Science teacher), or they may just use ones provided by the exam board.

The purpose of mocks, in my opinion, is just to gain a rough understanding of where you're at, in terms of both exam technique and knowledge of the content, and also to provide you with 'the whole experience' of having exams in the circumstances that you'll have in six months' time (they're also there as a 'backup' just in case something extremely serious happens on the day of your actual GCSE exam; if you are unable to complete the exam that day and have a valid excuse, e.g. because you got into an accident and are in hospital, mocks can be used to help determine your final grade).

Try not to worry too much about them; definitely revise for them and try your best, but don't get stressed over them - it's not worth it.

Good luck (:

I have so much to do and im expected to do so much at this point im just tired and well have given up. thx sm for the reply
Original post by Nuttyy

DITTO! CGP for the win! :biggrin:
Original post by lanababe78
hiya!

don't stress too hard over these mocks! you have your science resources mad- go over them, make sure you understand the content. when you get your results, you'll know what to further work on to improve for next time.
try and revise by reading notes and revsion guides for other subjects if you feel you have no time- that's what i did, and i got 6s (not great, i know, but i practically gave up trying- which i advise you not to do, haha).
if you don't mind me asking, what books are you studying for english lit?
language paper 1 was text from a story, talking about a trip to brighton- i'm not completely sure about the text. but, section B was describing a beach setting, but i can't remember what the second section was on, i'm sorry.

i wish you the best of luck, but don't stress! xx

My English is my worry. I have aqa as my exam board and really need to know what coming up. Thx for reply
Original post by Baaah
Mocks really don't matter much and so shouldn't be stressing you at all.

Treat it as a random past paper but the only in exam conditions in an exam environment. Even if you do badly, no one is going to judge you because I bet 90% of people you know will not revise for them (or will start revising a day before).

Thx so much you calmed me alot. I freaked out last minuite.
Original post by Nuttyy
I did it 2 years ago, I got 1 A* and 10As. If I put in the effort an actually revised from Christmas, I'd have got much much better.

Are you kidding me thats greatttt
Original post by alixh
Honestly you need to chill bruh.. I didn’t revise for my mocks at all and I got all Ds and Us. it got me shook but I still didn’t revise as effectively but I got through my GCSEs with grades im really happy with. My point is you’ll be fine especially if you worked so hard in year10 I didn’t work at all in year 10 and I did just fine and it’s not like I’m naturally talented like I’m dumb af.. it may not seem like it but GCSEs are a breeze

Thx so much that was my plan too. I was gonna not give a **** about mocks and revise for actual gcse but ppl scard me sm saying it was important
Original post by lanababe78
wow, that's amazing! what do you recommend doing from christmas? do you think you should have finished your notes by then, or should've started then? x

Star making flashcarde for every thing but slowly. With breaks and cheat days. Dont cram it a month before gcse
Reply 19
lol
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest