randomaccount124
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I just wanted to know how the new final year is graded. The new grading system says only the average total of 90 credit gets the final year grade. Does that mean that if 4 modules that are worth 15 credits total to 60, and the rest is taken from the Project equal to 30 credit; does that total your grade?
Or, does only Project plus the two other modules count?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by randomaccount124)
I just wanted to know how the new final year is graded. The new grading system says only the average total of 90 credit gets the final year grade. Does that mean that if 4 modules that are worth 15 credits total to 60, and the rest is taken from the Project equal to 30 credit; does that total your grade?
Or, does only Project plus the two other modules count?
You haven’t provided enough information for anyone on TSR to help you.

Your university sets your degree classification criteria and contains the experts on those criteria. Speak to your tutor or student office/records team.
randomaccount124
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
You haven’t provided enough information for anyone on TSR to help you.

Your university sets your degree classification criteria and contains the experts on those criteria. Speak to your tutor or student office/records team.
I thought this was the case for everyone. I have tried to speak to them, but half of them are baffled.
90 credits = the best average is the final grade.
Project (60 credits) = 60%
15 Credit = 65%
15 Credit = 66%

However, does it count like this...

15 Credit = 65%
15 Credit = 66%
15 Credit = 65%
15 Credit = 66%
= 60 Credit.

Project is 60 Credits..
30 Credits get taken from it to equal to best 60 credits.
So, 60 = 30 Credit.
sahjahn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Different universities have different rules for award. Nobody can help unless you say which university you are referring to.
randomaccount124
Rep:
?
(Original post by sahjahn)
Different universities have different rules for award. Nobody can help unless you say which university you are referring to.
University of Greenwich
sahjahn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The regulations say the average of the best 90 credits of overall course grades in Stage 3 will be used so you need to look at the final overall mark for each course & identify the top 90 credits. As it says overall course grades that suggests you can't count only part of a course grade by splitting the credits like in your second example.

If you have a project of 60 credits in a 120 credit stage it will have to be included in the calculation as you cannot get 90 credits of overall course marks otherwise.

As they are new regulations you would probably be best contacting the Academic Registry for clarification.
randomaccount124
Rep:
?
Any contact details for the Academic Registry
(Original post by sahjahn)
The regulations say the average of the best 90 credits of overall course grades in Stage 3 will be used so you need to look at the final overall mark for each course & identify the top 90 credits. As it says overall course grades that suggests you can't count only part of a course grade by splitting the credits like in your second example.

If you have a project of 60 credits in a 120 credit stage it will have to be included in the calculation as you cannot get 90 credits of overall course marks otherwise.

As they are new regulations you would probably be best contacting the Academic Registry for clarification.
pprohan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by randomaccount124)
Any contact details for the Academic Regist
I am going to Greenwich uni as well. Can i know how did they mark it for you (How did they take the best 90 credits from final year)?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads