The Student Room Group

Blocked by the guy I'm dating!

I have been saying this guy for a month and even though there isn' a official label we have both said we weren't seeing or sleeping with anyone else.

This is a guy who claims he really likes me and can see this going somewhere. But on the other hand recently he said "Don't catch feelings for me because I will probably break your heart" Which confused me.

Then last night I was at a private house party and got very drunk and we were texting . He wanted to come bit my friend had specifically asked no plus ones . He phoned me a few times bit at that point I hadn' noticed as you don' at a party .
He then replied : " Okay. You clearly don't want me there I've called you how many times .See ya
Almost a day later he hasn't replied to my message and he has blocked me .

Was I in the wrong and what do I do?
You didn't explain things thoroughly enough.

And if he jets because of this one thing, he's a tourist.
Reply 2
Original post by jammy10
I have been saying this guy for a month and even though there isn' a official label we have both said we weren't seeing or sleeping with anyone else.

This is a guy who claims he really likes me and can see this going somewhere. But on the other hand recently he said "Don't catch feelings for me because I will probably break your heart" Which confused me.

Then last night I was at a private house party and got very drunk and we were texting . He wanted to come bit my friend had specifically asked no plus ones . He phoned me a few times bit at that point I hadn' noticed as you don' at a party .
He then replied : " Okay. You clearly don't want me there I've called you how many times .See ya
Almost a day later he hasn't replied to my message and he has blocked me .

Was I in the wrong and what do I do?

You're not in the wrong at all, but you could have explained to him clearly that your friend didn't want anyone else over but you'll do something with him tomorrow or something? Babe there's nothing else you really can do other than trust that he likes you enough to come back when he's calmed down. He seems a bit immature though if you ask me.
Reply 3
Original post by iSeren
You're not in the wrong at all, but you could have explained to him clearly that your friend didn't want anyone else over but you'll do something with him tomorrow or something? Babe there's nothing else you really can do other than trust that he likes you enough to come back when he's calmed down. He seems a bit immature though if you ask me.

I did explain soon after he overreacted. And plus I couldn't of made plans with him that weekend as he was going away.
Thanks for the advice !
Reply 4
Original post by SWCoffee
You didn't explain things thoroughly enough.

And if he jets because of this one thing, he's a tourist.

Sorry I am a little tired and hungover what did I not explain properly ?
You should have explained this to the dude, all of it. If he was a good dude, he would understand.

Some men can't be changed, though. That's a waste of investment.
Reply 6
Original post by SWCoffee
You should have explained this to the dude, all of it. If he was a good dude, he would understand.

Some men can't be changed, though. That's a waste of investment.

I did explain it to him that it was a private party and that I was sorry especially that I had missed his call.

I think you're right. I really know how to pick them !
It's not your fault. Circumstance happens.

I believe every experience is a lesson. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending