"Example of when I received good customer service" - Job application Q

Watch this thread
bruhsrsly
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I was filling out a Tesco Cafe Assistant application questionnaire that asked: "Give an example of when I received the best customer service and give a reason why it was the best"

Presumably to get an idea of what I deem to be good customer service so that I can provide it too.

Anyways so I tried googling it and I couldn't find any realistic examples that weren't to do with flights and flight attendants. So, a girl had to struggle and make one up. I'm posting it on here because idk, I just wanna be helpful - is that so bad? Bite me. Lol

Here's what I put:

I was in a cafe and had bought a pastry and ordered a cappuccino. The waitress informed me that the cappuccino would take a few minutes longer as there was only one machine in use that day. She asked if i would like to take a seat with the pastry and she would bring the cappuccino to my table. I found that really considerate as it would mean i wouldn't stand around waiting. I had taken a table and been sitting with my pastry for a several minutes, waiting for my drink to arrive. When it did, the waitress apologised for the wait and offered to reheat my pastry as it had cooled. This was the best customer service I have received as the waitress went out of her way to make sure i had a good experience. It was something i wouldn't expect to be offered at a busy cafe like the one I was at, and it was a pleasant surprise.

Bear in mind, I did fail the questionnaire though :bl:

Good luck with your applications.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bruhsrsly)
I was filling out a Tesco Cafe Assistant application questionnaire that asked: "Give an example of when I received the best customer service and give a reason why it was the best"

Presumably to get an idea of what I deem to be good customer service so that I can provide it too.

Anyways so I tried googling it and I couldn't find any realistic examples that weren't to do with flights and flight attendants. So, a girl had to struggle and make one up. I'm posting it on here because idk, I just wanna be helpful - is that so bad? Bite me. Lol

Here's what I put:

I was in a cafe and had bought a pastry and ordered a cappuccino. The waitress informed me that the cappuccino would take a few minutes longer as there was only one machine in use that day. She asked if i would like to take a seat with the pastry and she would bring the cappuccino to my table. I found that really considerate as it would mean i wouldn't stand around waiting. I had taken a table and been sitting with my pastry for a several minutes, waiting for my drink to arrive. When it did, the waitress apologised for the wait and offered to reheat my pastry as it had cooled. This was the best customer service I have received as the waitress went out of her way to make sure i had a good experience. It was something i wouldn't expect to be offered at a busy cafe like the one I was at, and it was a pleasant surprise.

Bear in mind, I did fail the questionnaire though :bl:

Good luck with your applications.
With this, you've got a pastry that was cooled and then reheated. This is possibly a breach of food safety standards, but it's also horrible to eat reheated pastry. It would have been much better for the waitress to explain that there was a wait for coffee, and to ask if you wanted both items to be brought out together. Then you would have had both items warm at the same time and would have had a better experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (92)
41.82%
They're exactly what I expected (53)
24.09%