The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
nope
race and religion are two different things 😐
You're islamophobic.
(edited 6 years ago)
it’s not an ideology
Ideology means Islam is capable of being falsified which is not the case however much you try.
It’s a religion.
And yes you hate Muslims too because Islam is their lifestyle, it’s literally who they are.
No. Hating muslims is not racist either. In both instances this is religious discrimination NOT racial discrimination.
perhaps disagreeing with the ideology would make more sense?
Original post by Anonymous
it’s not an ideology you t***
Ideology means Islam is capable of being falsified which is not the case however much you try.
It’s a religion.
And yes you hate Muslims too because Islam is their lifestyle, it’s literally who they are.

Insulting me isn't going to make you look better nor right. And yes, Islam is an ideology, and a simple google search proved it. It's a system of ideas and ideals.

I've got tons of muslim friends and family friends who are also muslims, and I don't hate them do I? How could you someone behind a screen in another place know about my life?
No, it's not racist. Islam is a religion, not a race.
Reply 9

Not at all true! If you hate Christianity does that mean you hate Christians?? By extension if you are an atheist do you hate every single religious person in the world? :laugh:
Original post by faloodeh
perhaps disagreeing with the ideology would make more sense?

Original post by RickHendricks
If i dont like the ideologies of the religion, but i like the people (my friends, etc), am i still racist?

it’s not an ideology you t***
It’s a religion.

Oh FFS.

Islam in itself is a religion.

Within the religion, there are different ideologies towards different things. Islam is not an ideology. Islam is a religion with its own ideologies, just like Christianity has its ideologies etc. etc. etc. People need to stop using those words interchangeably

And @RickHendricks, race and religion are different things which also cannot be referred to interchangeably: there is no 'Islamic race'. And the word you're looking for is either "islamophobic", "religiously prejudiced" or simply "narrowminded".
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by RickHendricks
Insulting me isn't going to make you look better nor right. And yes, Islam is an ideology, and a simple google search proved it. It's a system of ideas and ideals.

I've got tons of muslim friends and family friends who are also muslims, and I don't hate them do I? How could you someone behind a screen in another place know about my life?

The fact that you mentioned google and search just made your point invalid.

Broooo you asked the question!

And perhaps you should be questioning why you hate Islam in the first place and if it’s on probable grounds (which it never is because people love using the wrong sources to make their silly point)
Original post by Thrillanthropist
Oh FFS.

Islam in itself is a religion.

Within the religion are different ideologies towards different things. Islam is not an ideology. People need to stop using those words interchangeably

And @RickHendricks, race and religion are different things which also cannot be referred to interchangeably: there is no 'Islamic race'. And the word you're looking for is either "islamophobic", "religiously prejudiced" or simply "narrowminded".

thanks
Simply, no.

I don't approve of many cultural elements, but they're still valid. Until they interfere with productivity.

However, I feel the most production occurs from cooperation and tolerance.
islamaphobic? racist? two different things- you're islamaphobic, by the sounds of it.
i think you should educate yourself properly, instead of following the stupidity of the media, before make any stupid assumptions.
It’s not racist its Islamophobia
It’s islamophobia, not racism
Reply 17
No
(edited 6 years ago)
It's not even racist if you hate muslims lol muslim != race
No. I don't like Scientology because I think the 'religion' is dumb. I don't think anyone would label me a 'racist' for that.

Latest