Access course-university offers?

Watch
username3661036
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys, hope everyone is well. I would like to start a new thread based on offers everyone has from university so far. I have just finished my application and have applied to Durham, Warwick, LSE, Bristol and Exeter to study management/ business management. Waiting for replies.

Who'd like to start with their offers so far?

Edit- First offer in. Exeter! Ranked number 6 for business management (complete university) - they gave me an offer of 12 credits at distinction, 21 at merit and 12 passes.

Second offer is LSE- gonna reject it though.

3rd offer! Warwick!!!! They want 33 credits at distinction and 12 merits. With distinction in maths and statistics. I believe this is gonna be my top choice!!!
Waiting on others..
BritishBookworm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello! I have offers from Portsmouth, Lincoln, Bagnor (got them all in one day) then an offer from York St John. Only one I'm waiting for is Bath Spa.
username3661036
Rep:
?
Nice! How long did you wait for? And which access course are you doing as well as subject to study at university?
BritishBookworm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Alfaz Brepotra)
Nice! How long did you wait for? And which access course are you doing as well as subject to study at university?
I sent my UCAS form off a couple of Mondays ago, got the offers on the same Friday that week and the YSJ one the following Tuesday. I am doing Access To Humanities to study Creative Writing.
username3661036
Rep:
?
Fair enough, I'm curious to why you didn't put any top Russel group universities as a choice?
BritishBookworm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fair enough, I'm curious to why you didn't put any top Russel group universities as a choice?
I did look at a few Russel Group Unis but I just simply decided that I didn't see myself living in those locations or the content of the degree itself.
chelseafan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys, hope everyone is well. I would like to start a new thread based on offers everyone has from university so far. I have just finished my application and have applied to Durham, Warwick, LSE, Bristol and Exeter to study management/ business management. Waiting for replies.

Who'd like to start with their offers so far?
That's a very high caliber selection of universities. Please keep us updated with offers. I'm sure it will be very useful to those of us are applying to top universities with an access course.
username3661036
Rep:
?
(Original post by chelseafan)
That's a very high caliber selection of universities. Please keep us updated with offers. I'm sure it will be very useful to those of us are applying to top universities with an access course.
I received my first offer 2 days ago. Exeter university! I shall keep you all updated as my offers come through.
Tomaz109
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am applying to Nottingham, Newcastle, Liverpool, Kent, Reading to do Computer Science. Application being sent off on monday! Good luck all
username3661036
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tomaz109)
I am applying to Nottingham, Newcastle, Liverpool, Kent, Reading to do Computer Science. Application being sent off on monday! Good luck all
Good luck man, why not replace one of them for Durham?
Tomaz109
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I really like these cities to be honest mate! Doing an access to computing course in Peterborough right now so a city with big vibes is very inspiring.
username3661036
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tomaz109)
I really like these cities to be honest mate! Doing an access to computing course in Peterborough right now so a city with big vibes is very inspiring.

That’s fair but Kent is really quiet. So why there? If you like big cities I’d suggest UCL, Bristol and maybe Exeter xD
ewanoftheyukon
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My application was sent off approximately two weeks ago and today I received my first offer from Exeter for Business Economics. I am doing an access course and the conditions of my offer are the same as the OP's.

I am still waiting to hear back from Exeter, Warwick and LSE (all PPE) and Cambridge (HSPS). Relieved to have an offer and looking forward to hearing from the rest.
username3661036
Rep:
?
(Original post by ewanoftheyukon)
My application was sent off approximately two weeks ago and today I received my first offer from Exeter for Business Economics. I am doing an access course and the conditions of my offer are the same as the OP's.

I am still waiting to hear back from Exeter, Warwick and LSE (all PPE) and Cambridge (HSPS). Relieved to have an offer and looking forward to hearing from the rest.
Congrats on the offer! Yeah I got that relief feeling to! I was worried I’d have to end up through clearing or something. Keep us updated on what offers or rejections come in
Meltedmoments
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I applied to Manchester Metropolitan, Uni of Bradford, Uni of Leeds, Leeds Beckett and Huddersfield. Sent my application off in October and had offers for all 5.
I've taken Huddersfield as my firm choice. It offers the best course content for me and the teaching has an excellent reputation for my course.
I only need 45 Merits to meet my offer.

I'm doing Access to Social care and social sciences and going on to do BA Childhood Studies
username3650628
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I applied to King's College London, Queen Mary, UCL, Birkbeck and Royal Holloway. I have 4/5 offers so far and waiting to hear back from lucky number 5.
TheJohnM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm doing a business and technology access course and was worried because I'm the only person in my entire class not applying for a business degree.

I have applied for politics and international relations. Luckily, I've received offers from Sheffield, Lancaster and Nottingham Trent so far(hoping to hear from the university of Nottingham after Christmas).
ohnoitssophie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello!

I'm on a Humanities combined with Social Sciences Access to HE course and hoping to study Chinese and Japanese

I've had offers from SOAS and Sheffield, I have an interview with Uni of Manchester in February and have yet to hear back from Leeds who are my first choice!

I also got an offer today from UCLan but for another course and not the one I applied for because my "original application has been unsuccessful" which just makes me more anxious to hear back from Leeds 😅
DCDCo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FutureHistorian)
I applied to King's College London, Queen Mary, UCL, Birkbeck and Royal Holloway. I have 4/5 offers so far and waiting to hear back from lucky number 5.
Strong set of Uni's there! What course may I ask?
username3661036
Rep:
?
(Original post by DCDCo)
Strong set of Uni's there! What course may I ask?
How is Birkbeck a strong uni 😂😂😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.74%
I'm not sure (2)
1.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (39)
31.45%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (58)
46.77%

Watched Threads