I want to put a touch screen in my corsa d

Watch
Arjun99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anyone know what touch screen units fit? What kind of fascia I'll need with it and how much they usually cost? I don't wanna buy one that won't fit and I also don't wanna buy the vauxhall standard issue one it looks crap. Thanks
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Arjun99)
Does anyone know what touch screen units fit? What kind of fascia I'll need with it and how much they usually cost? I don't wanna buy one that won't fit and I also don't wanna buy the vauxhall standard issue one it looks crap. Thanks
I had a Pioneer SPH-DA120 in mine, and it needed a few extras like a cage, facia adaptor, and the wiring harnesses. It's a pain in the backside to sort out, but when it's in it's worth it.

Any double DIN unit should fit, and I'm sure there's better units on the market nowadays.
Laomedeia
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
Dont buy a touch screen for your car. Buy a box of common sense.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Laomedeia)
Dont buy a touch screen for your car. Buy a box of common sense.
The stock radio is pants, I don't blame the OP for wanting a modern infotainment system.
Arjun99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
The stock radio is pants, I don't blame the OP for wanting a modern infotainment system.

EXACTLY I just wanna make the car look nicer it's just crap to look at plus I need Bluetooth, my aux input broke and I really really need a satnav which stays and won't move around.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
EXACTLY I just wanna make the car look nicer it's just crap to look at plus I need Bluetooth, my aux input broke and I really really need a satnav which stays and won't move around.
If you're looking for something with a built in satnav, a head unit with Android Auto (or Apple CarPlay) would suit you well - mind you, I was driving a courtesy car yesterday whilst my car was in the dealer, and I got to try out Android Auto for the first time.. I wasn't fussed.

What I used to do was have my phone connected via Bluetooth to the previously mentioned head unit, and run Waze whilst my phone was in a holder attached to the driver side air vent, and would set Spotify to be playing at the same time. The head unit would display the music information, and speak aloud the directions, and deal with phone calls.
ShivP_98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Download Android Auto on your phone
Get a bluetooth head unit
Get a £3 magnetic phone mount
Done
UniWasEz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just a bit of advice, if you buy one don't get a place like Halfords to fit it.
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think a satnav would be very useful, for where the radio actually is in the Corsa D. But I don't blame you for swapping the rubbish OEM one.

There's plenty of aftermarket ones online, or even in places like Halfords. But they are quite pricey...
username1402543
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't blame you for wanting to adjust the satnav in the vauxhall corsa D. I had this car for a while too and it also got on my nerves. However it wasn't possible for me to modify it. But it does look much more elegant when the satnav is installed. Although cost wise there it is quite hefty. But I guess ones got to do what they have to do. 😃

I found a picture that might be of assistance to you?

Name:  image-59d5d80c-69c1-4108-a543-b805e1e3ea4b-414662668-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 822
Size:  103.4 KB

All the best! 😁
Jackthomas_87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know if I have to buy something in order to still use the steering wheel controls if I install an aftermarket stereo in my corsa d?
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jackthomas_87)
Does anyone know if I have to buy something in order to still use the steering wheel controls if I install an aftermarket stereo in my corsa d?
Yep.
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personally I'd go with the Sony XAV AX100. One of the cheapest head units currently out with Android Auto/Car play at around 300 quid. It also has a volume knob, which most touch screen units are forgoing for volume buttons now which are crap in comparison, IMO.

Pick up something like g[/s]OxsAAOSw-zxWoL9a:rk:13:pf:0]this which includes the fascia, mounting brackets, and radio keys to get your old stereo out. You'd then need g[/s]hyQAAOSwr~lYsYl6:rk:1:pf:0]this adapter to plug between the Sony wiring and the car wiring, to maintain your steering wheel controls. You might need an antenna adapter as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
18.54%
I'm not sure (5)
2.81%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (59)
33.15%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.69%
I'm not a current university student (78)
43.82%

Watched Threads