The Student Room Group

Black male social stigma

This applies mainly to South, West, Central and East Asian people.

Question

Why is it an instant honor killing if a woman dates/marries a man of African descent?

Two rules

(1) Please don't just through insults like sub-human and all this
(2) Blacks do not jump in throwing insults back or insulting other cultures

Please proceed.

Just to make clear, I am a firm believer that Blacks should only breed and marry blacks due to the incredible racism that we endure.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

Question

Why is it an instant honor killing if a woman dates/marries a man of African descent?

Two rules

Please proceed.

Just to make clear, I am a firm believer that Blacks should only breed and marry blacks due to the incredible racism that we endure.

Honor Killings aren't as prevalent today as they were before. In South Asia, it has more to do with the caste let alone a different nationality. It has definitely mellowed down now, but it's highly unlikely to be witnessed in members of the community who have settled abroad. I, personally, believe that a persons race shouldn't determine who he/she should marry.
Blacks aren't the only race that face racism, it's every race that isn't a majority.
P.S. I don't have a problem with white people. I'd prefer it if White Supremacist would shut the **** up
Youre saying no black person is ever racist? Ive expeteinced racism from a black person (as a White person)
Original post by Jack22031994
Youre saying no black person is ever racist? Ive expeteinced racism from a black person (as a White person)

Didn't mean that. Our society, as a whole, is extremely judgemental. If we don't like or conform to anything we see, we shun it. That's just the way how it's been. The problem of racism can be faced by all races of people
Original post by abhinair3004
Didn't mean that. Our society, as a whole, is extremely judgemental. If we don't like or conform to anything we see, we shun it. That's just the way how it's been. The problem of racism can be faced by all races of people

I get you! Sorry I just misunderstood.
I get you! Sorry I just misunderstood.

No problems mate!
I'm Indian , so I get what it's like to be racially abused. But, most of the times, people are really nice. It's the few *unts that cause all this distress!
No problems mate!
I'm Indian , so I get what it's like to be racially abused. But, most of the times, people are really nice. It's the few *unts that cause all this distress!

Youre right. A few idiots ruin it for everyone. Esp as an english person where it now feels like you cant be proud of it (like the Scottish, Welsh etc) seem to be able to.
Youre right. A few idiots ruin it for everyone. Esp as an english person where it now feels like you cant be proud of it (like the Scottish, Welsh etc) seem to be able to.

The English(including the Scottish and Welsh , even though I know I shouldn't) have been really nice to me. But a lot of the USA people are *unts

Question

Two rules

Please proceed.

Why do you believe that blacks should only "breed" with blacks?

Do you think that Asians and Whites should "breed" with every other non-black race, but blacks should stay on their lane?

The social stigma is about historical racism which was underpinned by the slave trade. People hated black people and saw them as on the same level as monkeys and other sub-human creatures.

Based on genetic dominance, they were at the top of the racial ladder and still are the most superior genetic group of people. They are stronger, faster and tougher than any other race on earth.

These stereotypes began to slowly die off, as races were integrated but some people still had the racist views.

Racism is not just against blacks. There is this view from Asians that everyone likes them. Both white and black people say racist things about Asians whether Oriental or brown people. Even white people have been victims of harsh racism.

For current social stigma, i think it is the societal view that white people are on top of the social ladder with black people on the bottom.

White women are seen as the epitome of delicate beauty while black women are seen as beasts. Before, black women were insulted for their full lips, curvy body, sassy attitude, independent outlook. White women adopted all those attritubes including twerking, now everyone wanted to do it including Asian women.

White men are seen as the centre of social dominance with wealth and power, which is true, while black men are seen as burdens to society.

These sort of views have harmed the black commmunities by putting them on the back foot whether it is for work, community engagement or social progress. As a result, other non-black or non-white people have aspired to be the same with white people and reject black people because society has rejected them.

I hope this has painted a fair picture. Racism is no longer outright but has become subtle and institutionalised.
Reply 9

Question

Two rules

Please proceed.

It's not. You're generalising an entire population, only a small minority of whom would actually consider killing their child for marrying a black person.
Original post by Wired_1800
Why do you believe that blacks should only "breed" with blacks?

Do you think that Asians and Whites should "breed" with every other non-black race, but blacks should stay on their lane?

The social stigma is about historical racism which was underpinned by the slave trade. People hated black people and saw them as on the same level as monkeys and other sub-human creatures.

Based on genetic dominance, they were at the top of the racial ladder and still are the most superior genetic group of people. They are stronger, faster and tougher than any other race on earth.

These stereotypes began to slowly die off, as races were integrated but some people still had the racist views.

Racism is not just against blacks. There is this view from Asians that everyone likes them. Both white and black people say racist things about Asians whether Oriental or brown people. Even white people have been victims of harsh racism.

For current social stigma, i think it is the societal view that white people are on top of the social ladder with black people on the bottom.

White women are seen as the epitome of delicate beauty while black women are seen as beasts. Before, black women were insulted for their full lips, curvy body, sassy attitude, independent outlook. White women adopted all those attritubes including twerking, now everyone wanted to do it including Asian women.

White men are seen as the centre of social dominance with wealth and power, which is true, while black men are seen as burdens to society.

These sort of views have harmed the black commmunities by putting them on the back foot whether it is for work, community engagement or social progress. As a result, other non-black or non-white people have aspired to be the same with white people and reject black people because society has rejected them.

I hope this has painted a fair picture. Racism is no longer outright but has become subtle and institutionalised.

I get along perfectly well with Black people and in fact lost my virginity to a Black woman, but don't act as if being a mouthy gobshite who twerks and gets into petty fights is what it means to be a Black woman and that we should just pretend it's all decent.

I agree with the rest,
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
I get along perfectly well with Black people and in fact lost my virginity to a Black woman, but don't act as if being a mouthy gobshite who twerks and gets into petty fights is what it means to be a Black woman and that we should just pretend it's all decent.

I agree with the rest,

Of course it does not. Black women are not the only people, who can be "mouthy gobshite that twerks and gets into petty fights".

That is the racist stereotype that has affected black women. I have dated an Asian woman, who was the craziest woman I have ever met. However, i would not extrapolate this to mean that all Asian women are the same. It would be stupid.
Of course it does not. Black women are not the only people, who can be "mouthy gobshite that twerks and gets into petty fights".

That is the racist stereotype that has affected black women. I have dated an Asian woman, who was the craziest woman I have ever met. However, i would not extrapolate this to mean that all Asian women are the same. It would be stupid.

If anything the most damaging attitude is this idea that Black culture is to be obnoxious and that Whites need to just learn to appreciate it. It's a similar thing when people say studying hard is ''acting white'', imagine literally saying that a positive trait is for White people and that if you do it you're a sellout.
If anything the most damaging attitude is this idea that Black culture is to be obnoxious and that Whites need to just learn to appreciate it. It's a similar thing when people say studying hard is ''acting white'', imagine literally saying that a positive trait is for White people and that if you do it you're a sellout.

Not everyone says that. There are different types of people within black communities. The idea that you try to paint all black people the same way is quite sad.

Black culture has different shades of engagement. Nobody cares about what white people think about black culture. Black people should be who they are and not care about what others think. As long as they are respectful to others and themselves.

There are many people from different races that are loud, quiet, rough, calm and all sorts. The idea that black people have an intrinsic problem is one of the most idiotic things i have heard.
The English(including the Scottish and Welsh , even though I know I shouldn't) have been really nice to me. But a lot of the USA people are *unts

You call a Scot or a Welshman "English" to his face and you will probably feel excruciating pain, then wake up with a crowd around you.
Not everyone says that. There are different types of people within black communities. The idea that you try to paint all black people the same way is quite sad.

Black culture has different shades of engagement. Nobody cares about what white people think about black culture. Black people should be who they are and not care about what others think. As long as they are respectful to others and themselves.

There are many people from different races that are loud, quiet, rough, calm and all sorts. The idea that black people have an intrinsic problem is one of the most idiotic things i have heard.

I never said all Black people think that way and I am fully aware that many Africans have stronger work ethics than White Brits, but I'm not someone who will bend over and apologise for being blunt when it comes to speaking about race.
I never said all Black people think that way and I am fully aware that many Africans have stronger work ethics than White Brits, but I'm not someone who will bend over and apologise for being blunt when it comes to speaking about race.

Nobody has asked you to apologise for being blunt. I welcome your honesty and always open to debate. I am not an SJW.

There are questionable characters within the asian and white communities. It would be foolish that this is representative of the whole communities.

The funny thing about discourse on race is that people would generalise about other races but then argue to the death that one should not generalise about their race.
Nobody has asked you to apologise for being blunt. I welcome your honesty and always open to debate. I am not an SJW.

There are questionable characters within the asian and white communities. It would be foolish that this is representative of the whole communities.

The funny thing about discourse on race is that people would generalise about other races but then argue to the death that one should not generalise about their race.

I generalise about my own race all the time, Whites need to stop running and start lifting and switch off the netflix and do something with their lives other than watching cancerous shows like stranger things.
I generalise about my own race all the time, Whites need to stop running and start lifting and switch off the netflix and do something with their lives other than watching cancerous shows like stranger things.

Fair, but those are not the generalised racist stereotypes that people have towards white people though. Some are too horrible to write on TSR.

For example, the idea that white women are more likely to be who.res and sleep around with no control, which is offensive and stupid.

Or white men are dru.ggies, who are unstable. Think stuff about the mass shootings in the US etc or the two lads that died from MDMA drug overdose this weekend in Plymouth.

There are also generalised racist stereotypes about Asians and blacks (which you have mentioned). However, it is offensive and wicked to think like that.

People of all races don't need negative stereotypes to drag them down.

Question

Two rules

Please proceed.

I'm west asian and as far as I know it is not common practice in my country. However I know its prevalent in asia and how horrible it is (not just toward blacks, but anyone who is not the same race as the person whos family disapproves)

I was unaware that it happens in east asia? I dont think they even have it.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest