The Student Room Group

Need at least a 6 in maths Mocks Help

Hey guys,
All my other GCSE mocks should be good ranging from 7-9.
However maths which I have tommrow I need to get a six in, I would say I am at least a level 4 now and I have this whole day to get a 6 , which will probably be around the 50%-60% mark, its a non calculator paper please can someone give me tips to get these grades
Also I want to know if its a good idea to focus on "non calculator topics" please and thank you
Original post by trill_val
Hey guys,
However maths which I have tommrow I need to get a six in, I would say I am at least a level 4 now and I have this whole day to get a 6 , which will probably be around the 50%-60% mark, its a non calculator paper please can someone give me tips to get these grades
Also I want to know if its a good idea to focus on "non calculator topics" please and thank you

No real secret, just keep practising questions from each topic and increase the difficulty when you feel ready

Not sure about the second question, sorry
the only way to revise maths is to practice maths.
Original post by trill_val
Hey guys,

Hope the mock went ok for you

I find that the best way to revise maths is by doing past exam papers and then marking them and then looking at the topics that I made mistakes in and focusing on them. Maths genie is great for topic by topic exam questions and has lots of past exam papers on the site (even the old spec questions are still good practice). If you are struggling with a certain question go through it with some friends at school and see how they would approach the question or ask your teacher for help.

Quick Reply

Latest