The Student Room Group

Don't know what degree to do

So I currently study Chemistry, English lang&lit and History. I picked these A-levels as I have no idea what to do. I'm predicted AAA and have no idea what degree I want to study as I like all my subjects. Please advise me on what my options are with 1 science and 2 arts subjects.
Are you in year 12? I wouldn't worry too much until after you have completed your mocks/AS exams
Reply 2
Original post by SuperHuman98
Are you in year 12? I wouldn't worry too much until after you have completed your mocks/AS exams

Year 13, need to submit my UCAS ASAP :frown:
Apply for your favourite subject? You can always take a gap year also
Original post by Anonymous
So I currently study Chemistry, English lang&lit and History. I picked these A-levels as I have no idea what to do. I'm predicted AAA and have no idea what degree I want to study as I like all my subjects. Please advise me on what my options are with 1 science and 2 arts subjects.

You have more Arts than Science, so i would advise something focused on the Arts, if you enjoy it more.

You can do History, Politics, PPE, Law, Government, Political Science, English etc.

Universities such as Durham, Oxford, Manchester, Cambridge, UCL etc. You have good predictions, so you are capable of making a strong application.

Good luck

By the way, there is this seemingly interesting course at UCL called Arts and Sciences.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/basc

I have heard that it is a good course and students seem to enjoy it.

I suggest that you apply for that as one of your uni choices. In your Personal Statement, you should aim at talking about how you want to have a well rounded education through the Arts and Sciences and give relevant examples.
Reply 6
Original post by Wired_1800
You have more Arts than Science, so i would advise something focused on the Arts, if you enjoy it more.

You can do History, Politics, PPE, Law, Government, Political Science, English etc.

Universities such as Durham, Oxford, Manchester, Cambridge, UCL etc. You have good predictions, so you are capable of making a strong application.

Good luck

Yeah I had been looking at those unis apart from Oxford since its past the deadline and I had never really considered Manchester haha. I'm new to the UK so from what my school told me, London unis (UCL/Imperial/LSE) + Durham/Warwick are the next best thing.

Is Manchester a good university? I'm thinking of doing joint honours maybe History and Politics. I have 5 A* and 5 A at iGCSE along with AAA prediction so I'm hoping to go for some of those top unis with maybe a place such as Birmingham or Leeds as insurance.
Yeah I had been looking at those unis apart from Oxford since its past the deadline and I had never really considered Manchester haha. I'm new to the UK so from what my school told me, London unis (UCL/Imperial/LSE) + Durham/Warwick are the next best thing.

Is Manchester a good university? I'm thinking of doing joint honours maybe History and Politics. I have 5 A* and 5 A at iGCSE along with AAA prediction so I'm hoping to go for some of those top unis with maybe a place such as Birmingham or Leeds as insurance.

All those choices are decent.

It is up to you to apply where you want. I think Manchester is a really good university, if not one of the best in the country.

I know people with Manchester degrees doing top jobs e.g. 3 people who studied History and got a top job in the Big 4 and another person, who studied Chemical Engineering and works at Exxon Mobil.

To me, I would put Manchester and UCL as part of my choices, then look for 3 other unis to add to make them 5.

Here is are videos that may be helpful:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=4s&v=qvvF7-5SIJ8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DvqFG-C9RvY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=12s&v=OdypNNlx1SM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending