The Student Room Group

Passing the LPC

Hi guys,

I am currently on the LPC with a TC in place. I just have to pass.

I haven't done much work but I get the core concepts. I have a month until my core exams at BPP like business, property and litigation.

Can I pass? I've read the chapters and been to the SGSs, I just still have no idea - don't think I've worked hard enough. Did all the mocks and failed lol.

Any advice please?
Reply 1
The LPC isn't difficult.

You should be revising now. You can't question spot so learn all the content.

Learn BLP well, it's the most failed for module.

Tab the life out of your statute books in a way that works for you.

Do all the pre and post SGS activities and read the chapters again.

Then do the formative and mock assessments. Remember it's application of knowledge not just stating the law.

Learn the structures in Criminal and follow them or you can't get all the marks.

Make sure you don't run out of time answering questions.
Original post by Mimir
The LPC isn't difficult.

You should be revising now. You can't question spot so learn all the content.

Learn BLP well, it's the most failed for module.

Tab the life out of your statute books in a way that works for you.

Do all the pre and post SGS activities and read the chapters again.

Then do the formative and mock assessments. Remember it's application of knowledge not just stating the law.

Learn the structures in Criminal and follow them or you can't get all the marks.

Make sure you don't run out of time answering questions.

Thank you, great tips. I started today. I am doing one page notes for each SGS with key things on there, how does that sound?
Reply 3
Original post by lawstudent229
Thank you, great tips. I started today. I am doing one page notes for each SGS with key things on there, how does that sound?

Whatever works for you but you need to know all the structures for answering in all modules as well as the substantive law. Very important to practice applying the law and drawing a conclusion, not applying knowledge is usually why some people fail.

Quick Reply

Latest